UK peeps help me out please!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Now, that Nokia confirmed today:

Nokia Lumia 920 is exclusive till the end of this year to EE 4G, Orange and Tmobile (3G). Also, there won't be any unlocked devices so if you buy one in the UK you have to use one of these three SIM cards.

I've already put a huge stone on my head, heart and face and decided for EE 4G. I will switch my carrier, yes, for a phone.

But then turns out even these exclusive guys are offering ONLY black or white Lumia 920! Seriously, what the eff is wrong with this world? Where are those other colours that we need? No grey, No red, No yellow, No cyan. This is on EXCLUSIVE partners btw.

I am torn in two minds if I really want this white lumia (glossy?) or black one (matt?). Does anyone know how they are going to get a coloured one by any chance in the UK?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You can get a EE contract through Phones4U who as far as I know will have all the colours.

Edit: Nokia Lumia 920 - Deals | Phones 4u On Phones4U site you can get the Red, White, Yellow and Black variants. Although it looks like you can only Buy the White and Black colours right now, you can register your interest for the Red and Yellow now though if you can wait.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I just went to Phones4U and then also checked their website few minutes back and all they've got is black and white! Are other colours on Orange and Tmobile?

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I considered it for 2 minutes before doing the math...
Over the course of 24mth contract it would cost me ?700 more vs buying sim free and keeping my existing 3 sim only deal - and i get unlimited data vs the max of 8gb on EE.
Plus EE isn't even in my area yet so I wouldn't benefit from the network which I hear is having major performance issues anyway!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I considered it for 2 minutes before doing the math...
Over the course of 24mth contract it would cost me ?700 more vs buying sim free and keeping my existing 3 sim only deal - and i get unlimited data vs the max of 8gb on EE.
Plus EE isn't even in my area yet so I wouldn't benefit from the network which I hear is having major performance issues anyway!

But if you buy it on 12 month contract straight from EE - it doesn't cost you so much. Phone only costs you ?490 if you go 12 month contract, 3 GB data. (Considering you pay about ?180 on your allowances on pay as you go or pay monthly anyway)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It has paypal payment so money is secure, but it is more about how long it takes for actual delivery and if they actually hold any handset at all!

pcowton

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Have emailed them see what they say. I think i would be happy to wait. Its the uncertainty of not knowing when i will get a handset thats bothering me.

pcowton

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not grey. Also its not confirmed these will be unlocked?

Finally when nobody in the stores seems to have a clue?

Anyway was just letting people know what other options were out there.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha! Don't be so mean. I am already pretty jealous with all those Cyan Lumia guys jumping around whereas most lame *** phones are sold here in the UK at the most extortionate prices.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Went to EE store locally. This is what they have for Nokia Lumia 920. So furious!

22243d1352552209-wp_000004.jpg

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I know! To top it up, when I asked for Nokia Lumia 920 - They don't have in stock, but showed me 4G Huwaei phone "that is similar or better to Lumias for excellent 4G coverage"

My reaction was
29855228.jpg

Then I asked if they will be stocking white Lumia 920.

Answer - No, we will only have black ones.

Me - So will you be ever stocking other colours, because I thought you guys had this phone exclusive and I can't get hands on it anywhere else. I don't mind paying ?61 a month for 2 years!

Answer - Oh, only white and black but then online stores do in white. Retails are allowed only black.

EE is such a load of crap in the UK! Anyone got a deal with them yet? Or Phones4U all the way?

I'm leaning to wait out till cyan and yellow ones show up on eBay but by then it will be time for a surface phone already :p I need this baby now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon