HTC 8X Help!!! - No Skype or Skydrive?

cwinger

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Received an HTC 8X that was given away early. Unfortunately I cant download Skydrive or Skype as it states it does not support anything but 800x480 screen resolution.

Why cant I download the WP8 version? How have people been reviewing it thus far?

Any help would be great!

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Received an HTC 8X that was given away early. Unfortunately I cant download Skydrive or Skype as it states it does not support anything but 800x480 screen resolution.

Why cant I download the WP8 version? How have people been reviewing it thus far?

Any help would be great!
Damn, son. Maybe it needs a firmware or other kind of update?

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I thought so too. Its strange that I cant get it in the htc 8x.

I don't think there is a separate app. It's baked into the OS. Try checking your settings. Maybe it's in "email+accounts" where you can just input your credentials in "add an account".

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Skype is a seperate app, but once installed it builds itself into the OS.
Phone sales should start today so hopefully they will start releasing updated apps soon.

SickoNicko

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I`m from Canada and have the exact same issue with the Nokia Lumia 920. I thought the carrier ROGERS blocked it or something so I called them and thy had no idea what I was talking about.

I'm hoping it comes in a week or so.

SickoNicko

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
same issue

I`m from Canada and have the exact same issue with the Nokia Lumia 920. I thought the carrier ROGERS blocked it or something so I called them and thy had no idea what I was talking about.

I'm hoping it comes in a week or so.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the 920 in Canada and still no Skype nor Skydrive in the Store.

Skydrive in Office is not the full Skydrive. Can't access all folders from within it.

Apps should be rolling soon as the devices start launching.

ramrandhawa

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've been re-assured by a few people that these apps are coming . . . it seems like Rogers caught everyone off guard shipping those phones out before anyone expected them to. I would imagine they will be in the store by the ATT launch (November 9, I think).

Writetomichael

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
These comments have reassured me. I got my 8x from an o2 store yesterday in London, amazed by the quality of it but was concerned when i saw no SkyDrive (apart frim the office backup) or skype. In photos you cant select SkyDrive as a source which i would have thought is a basic

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
From what I'm reading on different forums, it appears as though many WP7 apps are not working or compatible with WP8. I thought all WP7 apps were compatible?

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Im confused as to where Spotify has gone. Of all of the apps to go missing from WP7 to WP8, why did it have to be the one I use the most!

Harrogate1978

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Frustrating

It is annoying. Im in the UK also.

They state that Skype is baked into the OS when the reality is that its an actually app that once installed will deeply integrate into the OS.. THIS IS DIFFERENT. Then upon launch (Baked Skype being a selling point) it is not ready. Good work Microsoft. Sterling job once again. Tune In, if you have a look is a Nokia product and only available for Nokia handsets. SkyDrive has just been released.
I am surprised they never thought about adding a search facility into music. I have 14,000 songs now on my phone with SkyDrive music as well so when I select the letter 'S' for example I then scroll through over 500 songs to find what I want. So I really have to make playlists which with the new Windows Phone 8 Software you cant create. Zune doesnt recognise my 8X.. Is this same for you guys? I have to you that awful Media Player.

Hoping apps get sorted as when they said 46 out of 50 of the top outs are ready on WP8 release I think I was unlucky as on my Galaxy S3 I use Instagram, Pinterest (The Windows Version logs me in as a different user lol), iPlayer and TV Catch Up. All of which are not on WP.

Plus last Rant Lumia launched on 2nd November according to Phones 4 u, EE and the net has anyone see a real one or got their hands one one, someone from EE said that they are stuck in QC and not ready til at least the 16th!

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have the Lumia 920 unlocked (Germany) since two days and Skype is still not available!! I was surprised too, but I read online that it should be available soon.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Board Express

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3