Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mediademics

Confirm if WP8 has a screen shot function!!!!
    Last edited by palandri; 11-02-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Yes it does (at least I remember folks talking about it). Though, it isn't a simple button press like on android.
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

I also remember hearing about it, but since its release I have not seen or heard anyone bring it up :/

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiyonosake11 View Post
    I also remember hearing about it, but since its release I have not seen or heard anyone bring it up :/
    It's there :)

Has been mentioned in reviews and if you do a twitter search you will find quite a few screenshots now too.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I'm going to ask another question.

Can you download word documents, pdf files etc. from the browser? I read that you can't somewhere.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Power button + Start will get you a screenshot automatically saved to a "Screenshots" album in the Pictures Hub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KP8HTVbDmYY
    Last edited by aubreyq; 11-02-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devize View Post
    Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I'm going to ask another question.

Can you download word documents, pdf files etc. from the browser? I read that you can't somewhere.
    Give me a link for me to test on my phone and I'll let you know.
    Thanked by:
    devize 

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Give me a link for me to test on my phone and I'll let you know.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11970059/test.docx
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11970059/test.pdf

Thanks a lot for this.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    It worked fine for both. The Word document opened and when I went to "Save" it gave me the option to save it to SkyDrive or to the Phone. I saved it to the phone and it put it on a list of Word documents under Office.

With the .pdf, it automatically opened the document and it was automatically saved within the Adobe Reader documents list.

BTW I'm using WP 7.5 and I'm sure it'll be this way (or better) with WP8.
    Thanked by:
    devize 

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    It worked fine for both. The Word document opened and when I went to "Save" it gave me the option to save it to SkyDrive or to the Phone. I saved it to the phone and it put it on a list of Word documents under Office.

With the .pdf, it automatically opened the document and it was automatically saved within the Adobe Reader documents list.

BTW I'm using WP 7.5 and I'm sure it'll be this way (or better) with WP8.
    Awesome. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Seems like a pretty good behavior. Thanks.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Awesome. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Seems like a pretty good behavior. Thanks.
    You're welcome, man. You got me curious about Dropbox. Was wondering if you could put a .jpg link as well. My guess is that it will open it but I'd still like to know how it will go about it.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Yeah, sure. Here's the only pic I have in my public folder (on my phone atm). Hope you like my car lol.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11970059/P1010282.JPG

I was mainly concerned about pdf/word documents as I need to be able to access them for uni. I imagine it can deal with other files if it can do those. Testing it on my android phone seems to just load the image in a new tab in the browser itself rather than download it like with the other documents. I guess because the browser supports jpeg images.
    Last edited by devize; 11-02-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Yeah, sure. Here's the only pic I have in my public folder (on my phone atm). Hope you like my car lol.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11970059/P1010282.JPG

I was mainly concerned about pdf/word documents as I need to be able to access them for uni. I imagine it can deal with other files if it can do those. Testing it on my android phone seems to just load the image in a new tab in the browser itself rather than download it like with the other documents. I guess because the browser supports jpeg images.
    Interesting. It couldn't open it. It took me to a blank page with a tiny icon on the upper left. Kind of those image placeholder icons when an image cannot be displayed. Hmmm...

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Interesting. It couldn't open it. It took me to a blank page with a tiny icon on the upper left. Kind of those image placeholder icons when an image cannot be displayed. Hmmm...
    That's pretty disappointing. The link should be fine, it opened in my phone's browser. Is there any option to like long hold and 'save link' rather than opening it in the browser?

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    That's pretty disappointing. The link should be fine, it opened in my phone's browser. Is there any option to like long hold and 'save link' rather than opening it in the browser?
    Long-pressing the link gives me the following options:

- Open in new tab (nothing opened)

- Copy link (self-explanatory but pasting the link on a browser and pressing enter didn't open the image)

- Share link (let's me share the link via e-mail, text message, or social networks)
    The pic of your civic opened fine for my HD7...
    Oh, shiney! Opened fine on my lumia as well.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but can someone with a WP8 phone let me know what volume options there are? I know there's "0% to 100%" for the volume, and probably also a 'vibrate' setting, but is there a 'silent' setting or any other settings that are new with WP8?

In WP7 you only have 'volume' and 'vibrate', but no quick way to put the phone on silent, you had to turn the volume all the way down.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    The pic of your civic opened fine for my HD7...
    That would be a Kia Forte Koup :p
    devize likes this.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediademics View Post
    That would be a Kia Forte Koup :p
    Indeed it is ;) Good spot. Not many people know what it is lol, civic being one of the common guesses.

Atleast it opened for most of you. Weird that it didn't work for aubreyq, I guess it just didn't like the dropbox link.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Atleast it opened for most of you. Weird that it didn't work for aubreyq, I guess it just didn't like the dropbox link.
    Maybe it's because my phone has no updates after Mango. If not then it's Samsung's fault, LOL! Sometimes I wonder if my Focus will even get 7.8, hahaha!