11-03-2012 05:41 AM
- So quick question for the tribe. WP has come leaps and bounds in a year, correct? Yes.
It is in its best position to succeed since its inception, can we agree on that? Yes. Very good.
So, now that it is on the verge of quite a bit of visibility in the next few months, why are people so worked up over how someone chooses to spread the WP message with whatever phone they get?
Now if you've got stock in htc or Nokia, it would definitely make sense. Sell
More phones, your stock goes up MERRY HOLIDAYS FOR YOU! Makes perfect sense.
I can also see any sales people on the boards who get a higher commission On one than the other. I'd be all over that too.
However I'm going to venture a guess that a good deal of us don't have a stake in either company like that. So, with that said WHY ARE PEOPLE'S SCREWS COMING LOOSE OVER THE 920 VS 8X?
Me, I'm pretty partial to the 8x and no amount of voluntary refresher courses on the spec sheet for the 920 is going to change that.
There are also people who are firmly digging in their heels to get a 920, and no amount of talk on the 8x's form factor will change that, to which I say RIGHT ON!!! Spread the WP love baby is how I see that.
So really, how about we try something. It will be super cool, watch.
If someone is pro WP8 phone on ANY side of the fence, here is the SOP I want to see:
1) Person expresses excitement for wp8 device in a post.
2) The next poster thanks them for being a fan & further lining Steve Ballmers pockets by buying a wp8 device.
3) both posters virtually high five + fist bump and then agree to go and try to convince as many of their friends as possible they need to switch to WP.
4) The next step is to go and make fun of iPhone fanboys for being, well, iPhone fanboys!
See, flies with honey on the hook instead vinegar, works a lot better.
I have spoken.....11-02-2012 09:52 PMLike 7
- Well played, vagrantwade! To the OP, couldn't have said it better if I tried. I might get the 8X since I already know it's coming to my carrier and the 920 isn't. However if I do so I'll be breaking a promise to myself not to buy HTC after dealing with the crap quality, crap design, and crap support I experienced with my HD7. Honestly if I didn't love WP so much the experience probably would've soured me on the whole platform... That being said, everyone should get the device that best matches their priorities, and love and promote the snot out of it to anyone who will listen! *insert virtual dist bump here*11-02-2012 10:53 PM
- There wouldn't be so much squabbling here if certain people who we know don't like Nokia or the 920 would stop posting in every 920 thread about how bad they think the phone and Nokia is. We get it, you don't have to repeat it all the time and **** people off.
Best thing to do is just put the ignore list to good use.11-03-2012 12:58 AM
- For the past few years I have had many different phones on ALL 4 major networks in the US and have much experience with ALL of the OS's and all brands. Each have their pro's and con's and I think it's due to this experience I have but I really don't understand brand loyalty.
People see my iPhone and they think I am a mac-baby. People saw my lumia and thought was a windows fanboy. Same with android. In all of my travels I have simply chosen what phone I wanted at the time regardless of what OS, brand, network. If I can get the phone that I want, I get it.
Right now, I have decided that my next phone with be the HTC 8X. Why? Simply put it looks like the best WP device in my eyes (I understand some people will disagree) and I had planned on coming back to WP when 8 came out.11-03-2012 03:28 AM
The second this place turns into a circlejerk is the second I leave it. There's no point to a discussion if everyone agrees with everyone.11-03-2012 03:35 AM
No - I can't abide "pushers" and I refuse to one - if someone asks to me express a preference, then I might steer them towards android, WP or an iphone* depending on what their needs were but pushing one platform to all people is trying to push a square block through a circle.
* or a blackberry if they were a teenaged girl or they were poor.11-03-2012 05:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD