Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
Like Tree21Likes
  1. GT2010's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
       #1  
    okay i got a few suggestions for a next update

    New swipe area(Left)
    Here we can maybe find file mangager and other things and Microsft should also make this layout customizable like Widgets just to **** on android fan boys for no reason :D but still it would be cool to have something other than live tiles too :)

    Horisontal and Vertical (multi screen)
    Im not sure how this gona work since if you swipe right you get to programs list and settings
    But we could access that menu some other way :mellow: ,Microsoft must really make Windows phone even more touchedellic :giggle: and also swipeedellic :D

    Anyway on Topic agian we need multi screen live tiles and also if you switch to a new screen there must be a menu or bullet list like Nokia belle showing which screen you are at now :P

    Notification Center
    There must be a Swipe to the center just not from the top otherwise android fanboys gona wet their nappies :lol: maybe we can from bottom or from coreners with a cool style

    Programslist
    We need to upgrade the list to iether Horisontal and Vertical the user can have the ability to choose :)
    and maybe there can be more functions im not sure of what but you can do so many
    there can even be swipe ability inside Programslist :D

    Diffuclty Setting ;)
    This option will only be added if Microsoft adds more options more touchdellic and swipedellic functions
    For example
    Normal user
    Big User
    IT User :P
    you guys get the picture but this must only be added after we have added 200% more Functions :D

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    So there it is not all of my ideas are here right with me now but theyill comeback soon :giggle:
    Sorry for any incorrect function names i dont own a windows phone its costly :blush: but no matter what Im total Windows phone fan boy :D as long as the new Os grows im happy ;)
  2. Gaichuke's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    288 Posts
    #2  
    Could you add a couple more smilies in there?

    I'm not sure if there's yet enough.
    Thanked by:
  3. GT2010's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
       #3  
    Dude seroisly not cool :dry
    nizzon likes this.
  4. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post
    okay i got a few suggestions for a next update

    New swipe area(Left)
    Here we can maybe find file mangager and other things and Microsft should also make this layout customizable like Widgets just to **** on android fan boys for no reason :D but still it would be cool to have something other than live tiles too :)
    No thanks. There is a reason we use Windows Phone and not Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post
    Horisontal and Vertical (multi screen)
    Im not sure how this gona work since if you swipe right you get to programs list and settings
    But we could access that menu some other way :mellow: ,Microsoft must really make Windows phone even more touchedellic :giggle: and also swipeedellic :D
    Hmmm... maybe.

    I'm all for new ideas as long as they don't violate the core principles of Windows Phone, mainly having a clean, coherent "Zen" like minimalism to the user interface.

    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post
    Anyway on Topic agian we need multi screen live tiles and also if you switch to a new screen there must be a menu or bullet list like Nokia belle showing which screen you are at now :P
    No, I don't think so, the scrolling down works just fine. I don't think there is much about Nokia Belle that they should try and emulate here. Symbian (Nokia) Belle was almost as much of a visual eyesore as Android is. Too much clutter and noise.

    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post
    Notification Center
    There must be a Swipe to the center just not from the top otherwise android fanboys gona wet their nappies :lol: maybe we can from bottom or from coreners with a cool style
    I don't care what Android fanboys want. If they had any taste or sense of design, they wouldn't be Android Fanboys in the first place. The last thing I want to see is Window Phone making compromises to make that lot happy. F them. The true Android fanboys are never going to be won over to Windows Phone anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post
    Programslist
    We need to upgrade the list to iether Horisontal and Vertical the user can have the ability to choose :)
    and maybe there can be more functions im not sure of what but you can do so many
    there can even be swipe ability inside Programslist :D
    Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post
    Diffuclty Setting ;)
    This option will only be added if Microsoft adds more options more touchdellic and swipedellic functions
    For example
    Normal user
    Big User
    IT User :P
    you guys get the picture but this must only be added after we have added 200% more Functions :D


    No Android mess on Windows Phone. EVER. We don't need the clusterfvck of Android widgets and needless layers of control panels and menus. It is directly in conflict with the entire design philosophy of Windows Phone. Go buy an Android if that is what you want and leave our Zen rock garden of smartphones alone.


    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post
    So there it is not all of my ideas are here right with me now but theyill comeback soon :giggle:
    Sorry for any incorrect function names i dont own a windows phone its costly :blush: but no matter what Im total Windows phone fan boy :D as long as the new Os grows im happy ;)
    Glad you're a Windows Phone fanboy, we can always use more of those.
  5. mrmdj316's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    44 Posts
    #5  
    I got one that will help them a lot:

    512 bit CDMA encryption and current Qualcomm coding. That one will get US based CDMA carriers to give WP8 a chance on their networks.
  6. geoken's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #6  
    The only change I would make to the app list is the ability to give apps an alias. Sometimes my less used apps are hard to find because there name is not related to their function (at least in my mind) so I can't remember what they're called.

    For example, the app I used for Google Analytics is called In The Know. I don't use it very frequently so I constantly forget what it's called. If I could give it an alias (like 'google analatyitcs') it would be a lot easier for me to find.
  7. Wayne Crannell's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post

    New swipe area(Left)
    Here we can maybe find file mangager and other things and Microsft should also make this layout customizable like Widgets just to **** on android fan boys for no reason :D but still it would be cool to have something other than live tiles too :)
    Hold down the left arrow. That's about all you're going to get to the left.

    Would like the following (in no particular order):

    Folders in the full app list
    Custom colors on the start screen
    Volume controls on the alarm screen
    Keep working on the sync app...pretty buggy right now in Win 7
    Transferrable playlists (through sync)
    Font size options
    PDF Reader
  8. PurpleOmen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Crannell View Post
    Hold down the left arrow. That's about all you're going to get to the left.
    It would be nice though if we had a way of closing the apps, like you can with tabs in IE and on iPhones. It's such a pain having to constantly press the back button until it finally closes, and especially if the app/game crashes!
  9. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleOmen View Post
    It would be nice though if we had a way of closing the apps, like you can with tabs in IE and on iPhones. It's such a pain having to constantly press the back button until it finally closes, and especially if the app/game crashes!
    Mystictrust and GT2010 like this.
  10. abailey535's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #10  
    battery percentage on lock screen..
  11. abailey535's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #11  
    I cant understand why Microsoft Outlook for Mac does not sync with WP8 using the WP8 connector. It will sync your itunes and iphoto, but can sync my contacts and calender from Outlook (a Microsoft product). This is a big turn off, but im trying to not let it bother me..

    This is so far the only problem I have with WP8.
  12. DaveGx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    555 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleOmen View Post
    It would be nice though if we had a way of closing the apps, like you can with tabs in IE and on iPhones. It's such a pain having to constantly press the back button until it finally closes, and especially if the app/game crashes!
    Completely agree. If an app that uses GPS is running in the background, it sucks the life out of the battery very quickly. Im disappointed how MS handled this function. As you said, you should not have to go back to the App, and press back a number of times to close it. That is just poor execution on MS's part and they should be embarrassed to have left it that way.

    People who dont visit forums and completely new to WP are not going to have a clue on what is killing their battery so quickly.
  13. Munkeyphyst's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post
    Completely agree. If an app that uses GPS is running in the background, it sucks the life out of the battery very quickly. Im disappointed how MS handled this function. As you said, you should not have to go back to the App, and press back a number of times to close it. That is just poor execution on MS's part and they should be embarrassed to have left it that way.



    People who dont visit forums and completely new to WP are not going to have a clue on what is killing their battery so quickly.
    you don't have to "back out" of the app to close it. You just have to tell the app to "stop navigating"

    Maybe there needs to be a smart feature where Nokia drive detects that it's been running without interaction for a set time, and prompt for interaction to keep navigating. Of course, all the people using it will then complain that it distracts the driver and is too annoying...
  14. Munkeyphyst's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by abailey535 View Post
    battery percentage on lock screen..

    there's an app for that.
    Thanked by:
    Mystictrust likes this.
  15. Bacchus1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post
    New swipe area(Left)
    Here we can maybe find file mangager and other things and Microsft should also make this layout customizable like Widgets just to **** on android fan boys for no reason :D but still it would be cool to have something other than live tiles too
    This is my preferred solution to the oft talked about need for a Notification Center. A simple left swipe would bring up all the missed toast notifications and possibly certain social updates.

    Horisontal and Vertical (multi screen)
    Im not sure how this gona work since if you swipe right you get to programs list and settings
    But we could access that menu some other way :mellow: ,Microsoft must really make Windows phone even more touchedellic :giggle: and also swipeedellic :D

    Anyway on Topic agian we need multi screen live tiles and also if you switch to a new screen there must be a menu or bullet list like Nokia belle showing which screen you are at now :P
    No idea what you are talking about here, but I'm pretty sure it's a terrible idea.

    Notification Center
    There must be a Swipe to the center just not from the top otherwise android fanboys gona wet their nappies :lol: maybe we can from bottom or from coreners with a cool style
    See Point #1 above.

    Programslist
    We need to upgrade the list to iether Horisontal and Vertical the user can have the ability to choose :)
    and maybe there can be more functions im not sure of what but you can do so many
    there can even be swipe ability inside Programslist :D
    No. This is nonsense.

    Diffuclty Setting ;)
    This option will only be added if Microsoft adds more options more touchdellic and swipedellic functions
    For example
    Normal user
    Big User
    IT User :P
    you guys get the picture but this must only be added after we have added 200% more Functions :D
    I'm regretting replying to this thread.
  16. mpelti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    135 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010 View Post
    New swipe area(Left)
    Here we can maybe find file mangager and other things and Microsft should also make this layout customizable like Widgets ... it would be cool to have something other than live tiles too :)
    Swipe left would be a perfect place for the glaring omission of notification center. And it is a glaring omission, because as good as live tiles and lock screen notifications are, they can't consistently answer the question: "why did my phone just buzz?"
    terraslate likes this.
  17. xavierthegreat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #17  
    battery percentage on lock screen..
    Suddenly, an app for that.

    We don't want android. Although I think the multitasking menu should have something similar to what WebOS had.
  18. beachhoppr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    #18  
    the only thing I would really like to see is the ability to make the widgets narrower ;)
  19. tehkei's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    70 Posts
    #19  
    Instagram! I'll show myself out....
    Thanked by:
  20. MikadoWu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    65 Posts
    #20  
    I want to see Video Out, either Cable or WiFi and native VPN.
    Smart Dial, would be good too.

    The only feature I think is good on Android, is custom Ringtones. Its plain Simple.

    Your list, does not fit for WP.
  21. DroBoy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #21  
    Notification center is a must and will hopefully be in the next update. There is nothing like having your phone buzz and not know what for. Espically for apps like Whatsapp unless you pin it your **** out of luck in knowing someone messaged you.
  22. AZBrowncoat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    #22  
    This might be more of an Outlook.com thing but why no field for Gamertag...if MS is going to push deep integration between it's various properties (Xbox, Skype) there should be fields in the "People Hub" for those.
  23. #23  
    I have some pretty simple requests. I'll only list those not already mentioned

    1. Customizable text tones for contacts.

    2. Do not disturb mode (time setting where phone won't buzz or sound when you get alerts, but the alerts still come through)

    3. Ability to turn off sound AND buzzer. Also, turn on sound only with no buzzer.

    4. Music and video streaming via USB out (this may require hardware I know)

    5. Better tabs. They are horrible. And limited to six? Why? The page is forced to reload anyway.

    6. Better multitasking. Again, I SM seeing maybe 6-8 apps. And those generally reload too as they get quickly kicked from memory. While you are st it, make killing an app more intuitive than backing out of it. You know the little "x" you use to kill an IE tab? Why that dame UI element wasn't used for multitasker baffles me.
  24. retyler's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyphyst View Post
    there's an app for that.
    rofl!!!
  25. terraslate's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #25  
    I haven't read an article that made me feel so sick in a long time. drop the giggles please, it's proper making me cringe.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions