Portability of unlocked HTC 8x, Nokia 920, and Ativ across networks

whatup12

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Dear all,

I remain unfortunately confused about if I buy unlocked WP8 phone, I can use this at full speed on ATT. I know there was some confusion about the 1700 band for Tmobile but it seems like Rogers (in Canada) now has this, but if I find a phone in another country--will it work? For sure?

I ask as I lost my LG quantum (got on launch in nov, 2010) on an ethiopian airlines flight from ADD-BKK and just spent the last few weeks in Burma. As a side note, not having a phone really makes me a much more attentive person in meetings, but I digress :). So am now heading back through BKK and will be flying through japan and was thinking if they had phone, i would pick up. I am also heading to South Africa next week and thought about buying there as well. but the key is really about me being able to use at full speeds when i get home.

Also, do we think that services like cell phone unlocker, etc will work on 920? or 8x? I used this on day 1 for my quantum and has been great--so hoping that this still works! they are charging like 70 bucks to unlock which seems crazy to me though!

all best and thanks,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3