Photosynth?

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
One feature I was looking forward to when switching to windows phone is photosynth.

I've seen some pictures of the lenses app and I don't see photosynth. Is it something you have to add manually?

For those that have used it, how is it?

Thanks

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Some apps that have a WP8 version aren't showing up I've heard. I would expect them to start showing up again very soon now that phones are starting to ship officially.

As for Lens apps, you still install the main app, it just also adds an integrated Lens piece at the same time, not really a separate thing.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Ya. No photosynth for WP8 yet. I instantly noticed when trying to get my apps onto the new device. Oh well.... I actually use it a LOT. I do a lot of hiking and rappelling throughout local and nearby mountain ranges and take some amazing shots. It will be missed as I will just go buy a gopro instead.

Lnin0

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Annoying. I love that app. So much better than Nokia's panarama app. I was trying to take a shot with it the other day but noticed it always makes you go right. Problem is, it doesn't readjust the aperture through the entire shooting process and the picture was dark on the left and bright on the right. Since it forced me to start on the left everything on the right was blown out by the time you got there. Not to mention the Nokia app is constantly getting lost. I do hope they bring Photosynth back for WP8 quickly. Odd how MS can omit one of their best apps from WP8?? I don't get it.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Annoying. I love that app. So much better than Nokia's panarama app. I was trying to take a shot with it the other day but noticed it always makes you go right. Problem is, it doesn't readjust the aperture through the entire shooting process and the picture was dark on the left and bright on the right. Since it forced me to start on the left everything on the right was blown out by the time you got there. Not to mention the Nokia app is constantly getting lost. I do hope they bring Photosynth back for WP8 quickly. Odd how MS can omit one of their best apps from WP8?? I don't get it.

They omitted it from wp7 for at least a year, when it was only available on iOS.

Though to be fair, before the second wave if wp7 devices, the hw might not of been up to par.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb