02-15-2014 10:05 AM
- Im sure that i read that windows 8 phone would have wifi sync, however i cant find it on my 920.... Anyone know about if it exists or if it is planned? I would have thought this a basic for microsoft.
Im generally disappointed by the lack of connectivity over wifi to other windows devices, ie my pc or windows home server 2011 box. Surely you should have an opportunity to connect to an other home share pc or server - ms should see that this is a big usp for them, utilising their own substantial existing infrastructure.
Hopefully this will be improved with future updates....
Last edited by Writetomichael; 01-24-2013 at 02:09 PM.11-04-2012 09:42 AM
- Have you installed the WHS app?
My Home Server | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)11-04-2012 09:50 AM
- Hi I have installed the WHS app - it's good but only designed to work from outside the network. I'm talking about full integration with other microsoft machines in the home network - ie when you're at home and looking at photos on your winddows phone, you should be able to swipe right for photos stored in "My PC" and "My server" etc.
This is a minor point though
The main point of my thread was about the wifi sync between phone and PC (ie to transfer music) - Does Windows 8 have this and i am missing it???
thanks for all help11-05-2012 07:53 AM
Although I have a foreboding that Microsoft is deprecating the option of syncing direct phone-to-PC -- they want you to do phone-to-cloud and PC-to-cloud.
Ram11-06-2012 02:22 AM
- thanks for the reply Ram.
I would be flabbergasted if MS decides to shun the massive infastructure that they have built in peoples's homes in favour of a cloud solution. The whole USP of Wp8 is that Microsoft already have a windows pc in everyone's home!
I presume that we'll see an announcement of the final Windows phone app here on WPcentral when it is released?
Last edited by Writetomichael; 01-24-2013 at 02:08 PM.11-06-2012 09:36 AM
With WP8 they started from scratch on sync software, and haven't even gotten the basic functionality from the Zune software back in place, much less anything fancy like wireless syncing.01-21-2013 01:29 AM
- Thanks for the reply vedytchim, but sorry, i'm not satisfied. Since when does OS evolution inhibit useful features and integration??? I cant express my earlier point (existing windows infrastructure being a massive advantage) any better that i already have. Frankly, lack of WiFi sync is disappointing to say the least01-24-2013 02:02 PM
- Thanks for the reply vedytchim, but sorry, i'm not satisfied. Since when does OS evolution inhibit useful features and integration??? I cant express my earlier point (existing windows infrastructure being a massive advantage) any better that i already have. Frankly, lack of WiFi sync is disappointing to say the least01-24-2013 02:18 PM
- Thanks for the reply vedytchim, but sorry, i'm not satisfied. Since when does OS evolution inhibit useful features and integration??? I cant express my earlier point (existing windows infrastructure being a massive advantage) any better that i already have. Frankly, lack of WiFi sync is disappointing to say the least
Exactly! Very disappointed.01-24-2013 02:48 PM
I encourage you to vote on and comment the requests in the Windows Phone requests forum, as well as contacting their support twitter accounts.
Feature Suggestions: Hot (21311 ideas)01-24-2013 04:12 PM
- What OP is talking about is not Wifi sync, OP wants to view NAS or files on other computers. You probably aren't going to see that anytime at all, however if you use Skydrive you can do it.
Wifi is syncing Outlook/Music on wifi like how it was done with Zune on WP7, and there isn't a need for it anymore. Skydrive and Xbox Music do it for you, syncing is a thing of the last decade.03-24-2013 03:00 PM
- I don't know about that man, its about transferring music and videos to your phone, quickly and effortlessly before you leave the house.
I was primarily referring to WiFi sync as an ability to transfer music/video from any windows pc (or home server) in your home network to you windows phone. Skydrive and xbox music isn't the same thing; especially xbox music . There is no way that Microsoft could expect wp phone owners to dismiss their existing mp3 collections and only use xbox music.
Skydrive is also no good if you want to copy a video to your pho e to watch whilst going to work (ie in the tube)03-30-2013 09:02 AM
- OP, there isn't anything yet. And yeah, this is a huge facepalm. Sync over wifi should have been a no brainer, ESPECIALLY SINCE IT EXISTED FOR WP7. Two steps forward, one step back for MS.....always seems to be the case. It's just like when MS removed integration from the photo hub in Windows 8.1. It's completely asinine. I suggest clicking on the link in my signature and voice your opinion.
Here you go02-10-2014 04:38 PM
- 02-10-2014 04:58 PM
- I can't comment on iOS since it has been a few years since used it but Android already has great WiFi connectivity to almost anything you can think of, having this feature wouldn't even have brought it on par with Android as far a connectivity goes. As a new user to Windows mobile 8 the are many things I do like but so many basic functions that you expect don't work or they have been implemented in such a half arsed way it makes me want to pull my hair out. A $20 mp3 player has a better music player than my very expensive Nokia 102002-15-2014 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD