Will ATT finally offer visual voicemail with WP8?

CatFoodScience

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
They offer visual VM on WP7 LTE devices like the Lumia 900 and Titan 2 so I would say there is a really good chance it will work on WP8 devices.
I'm still running an old Samsung Focus w/ 3G and never had the option though it was speculated to come at some point... but never seemed to happen. Big thanks for letting me know that it is available to some on ATT!

blackhawk556

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
they already support it. but they only enable it now for 4g lte devices. don't ever expect it on a phone that is not 4g lte (iphone is the exception)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
they already support it. but they only enable it now for 4g lte devices. don't ever expect it on a phone that is not 4g lte (iphone is the exception)

AT&T offered VVM on Blackberry since at least 4th quarter 2010. I had it on a 9700. No current Blackberry devices support LTE.

I also have VVM on my Nokia Lumia 900.

I would expect that the VVM feature would be available on any new smartphones, since all of the new devices coming to AT&T are LTE devices.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I had been wanting this feature, however since I get VVM with Google Voice and one of the many third party apps, I no longer need it. Also I like the fact that I can have Google Voice transcribe the email. It may not be perfect, but it is great when I am in a meeting and I cannot listen to the voice-mail. If AT&T does have it with the new WP8 devices I will have to see what I prefer. To use Google Voice for VVM, you do not need a Google Voice phone number.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
You can always set up a youmail.com account and download the magikmail app from the WP store. I started using youmail when I had my blackberry a few years ago. I am on my fourth smartphone with the same account (blackberry, android, and windows phone) with no issue. All of my settings have stayed the same, no new greeting, etc. Plus, if I am going to be without service I can have my voicemails sent to an e-mail account.

Its a pretty slick service.

RandomNinjaAtk

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My original Samsung Focus didn't. After activating my Red Lumia 920 with AT&T via the instructions, it still didn't have visual voicemail. So I contacted AT&T technical support via web chat and the problem was that I was using a data plan that wasn't offered anymore. So he didn't make any changes to my plan but he was able to get my phone switched to using visual voicemail.

So if your new phone for whatever reason does not have visual voicemail, just contact support and they can resolve it for you.

PoorInRichfield

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both have Nokia 920s and the Visual Voicemail messages are ridiculously quiet. The volume is OK when using the speaker phone, but is way too quiet when just listening through the normal speaker. Is anyone else having this issue on different phones? Several others have commented on having the same issue with their 920s, so I'm wondering if this is an AT&T issue, a WP8 issue, or a Nokia issue.

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I have it enabled on my 920 but haven't had a chance to try it yet. With everyone texting these days I rarely get a voicemail now.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm running it on my 820 and it works just as well as it did on my iPhones. No problems
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3