Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Can anyone that has or used WP8 answer this? As everybody already knows after a certain number of apps are installed a letter jumplist appears in the applist. Personally I hate the look of it and would rather have a clean list but WP7.5 does not allow the option to remove it. Is WP8 the same?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

So far i haven't seen a jump list in Wp8. This actually annoys me as i liked it.
    Device: O2 Nokia Lumia 1520

What annoys me is the look, why don't they use the color in background with white letters?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    If you've installed more then 50 apps, having the jumplist letters are very useful. You always have search.
    rimlover likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lonbraj View Post
    What annoys me is the look, why don't they use the color in background with white letters?
    I guess so they stand out more from the apps, but to me it they would stand out just fine since there is no text next to them (works just fine in the People and Music+Videos hubs).
    Last edited by gfunk84; 11-07-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typo

So how many apps do you need till the letters come back? I really liked having that, in fact I kept extra on my focus just to keep the letters haha,

I'm going with 40-45. That's what I've got on my phone and they are showing up

PIN
    No
    Jumps list appears when you install your 45th app.

Anyway to force it too appear. Mine appears, then when I remove 1 app it disappears. I like it on, but I don't use many apps

I'm having a problem with the letters. Having been on the borderline with the letters flicking on and off depending on whether that one extra app was there or not, the letters are now stuck "on". Even if I uninstall everything I can uninstall, the letters remain. Normally I can flick through my app list with no more than two small swipes, but with all those letters, it's now double that and I have fewer apps.

I just thought I'd post that somewhere. Can't say I'm impressed with the lack of a setting to control this and no way to get around it. Though even if there was I expect I'd be stuck with the letters as this seems to be a bug. Shame it didn't get stuck the other way.

I'm sure no-one can help, but I do expect ridiculous comments that it's cos I'm over the threshold from people who failed to understand the post entirely.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Actually, I totally understand how you feel. I've gotten to the point where I've had to reset my phone to get those letters off. You're not alone man.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lonbraj View Post
    really??
    Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I've been deleti apps to get rid of these letters and having no luck at all. I now have 33 things listed, and 15 jump letters. Almost a third of the things in the list are these s0dding jump letters!
    Once you activate it - you can't get rid of them. So once you go beyond 45, you will have these letters unless you hard-reset and start fresh.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    That's quite sucky :( thanks for the info though. Reset it is!

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Once you activate it - you can't get rid of them. So once you go beyond 45, you will have these letters unless you hard-reset and start fresh.
    Wow, that's really weird logic on MS's part. It should just be based on a threshold. If you pass it they appear, if you are under it, they shouldn't appear.

Global Posts
    2,438 Global Posts
    Well at this point what you or I want is not part of the equation. I personally however like the look and the help it is navigating to those apps I dont need on the atrt screen but need accasionally. Different strokes for different folks.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!
    Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    Wow, that's really weird logic on MS's part. It should just be based on a threshold. If you pass it they appear, if you are under it, they shouldn't appear.
    I think it should be threshold based too. The only sound reasoning I find is, if people have as many as 45+ app, they likely go on app-whoring route, which means they wouldn't ever have less than that. But again, there are thousand other things in WP design that will baffle you if you come from Android. If you come from iPhone, BB or Symbian or feature phones, it does more or less the similar stuff, barring a few functions. But again, it has a lot of other functions i.e. ecosystem benefit that no other OS can provide!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Having just reset my phone (thank heavens for having music & photos stored on sd card and for the limited settings backup) I would rather it be threshold based too ;)

Does anyone know how to get rid of the Help+Tips "App"? What a waste of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkytype View Post
    Having just reset my phone (thank heavens for having music & photos stored on sd card and for the limited settings backup) I would rather it be threshold based too ;)
    The only thing I wish my L920 had... :( Back in my WM days that is exactly how I did it. Music and Pics in the sd card so they would always be ready to go.

Just got my Lumia 822 and love it. But it is annoying that on my 45th app the jump list alphabet appears and now I have 71 lines to scroll through.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    use the jump list to quickly jump, that's what it is there for...

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbyemoff View Post
    Anyway to force it too appear. Mine appears, then when I remove 1 app it disappears. I like it on, but I don't use many apps
    First World Problem's perfect example.

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I think Lumia 920 owners don't care about this as the FPS rates are too high for us to be annoyed by blur. :) but I don't get the logic you're using , if you click on "a" you get all the alphabet and no scrolling will be necessarily (I think I just hate Android way's of handling apps .) :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast