Just received an email that my best buy order was cancelled.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
ironocaly, this could be the same reason why nokia may not sell well at all, nobody knows as there has been too much time passed since announcing the phone. Potential customers have already moved on to iphones or sgs3s.

Nokia, HTC or Samsung... One, or all could suffer. 9 out of 10 people I talk to have no idea of WP8, regardless of the OEM. Granted, my sample size is small (limited to people I know on a personal and professional level), but it is still something to consider.

I do my part to talk up the OS, not a particular phone. I want to sell them on cross platform functionality. That's what seems to hit home.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Some of us are very impatient and need a date because we are stuck with a BlackBerry that we never should have bought. Lesson learned. If Nokia, ATT, Tooth fairy or whomever is holding up the process don't get their s*** together and give us a date, I will be forced to make another bad decision and get a Galaxy Note II. Please don't make me buy an Android!

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that the HTC 8X hasn't been announced as well because they ran out of the unicorn farts that make it "magically thin" as Peter Chou described it at their launch event...

:D

Except the 8X is announced, available in several countries already (like the UK), and will be here on T-Mobile by November 14th.

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding... T-Mobile. No more Ms. Nice Guy! :D

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Except the 8X is announced, available in several countries already (like the UK), and will be here on T-Mobile by November 14th.

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding... T-Mobile. No more Ms. Nice Guy! :D

And yet it isn't announced on AT&T which is my point. We know when availability is possible for that phone but you can't get anything on it for AT&T.

Maybe they're just going to open one day (Nov 11th) and say "We've got these new phones, come and get them" ?

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Taking my chances on the pricing (knowing Best Buy, I wouldn't expect them to honor it anyway). Just canceled.

BB said they had 127 orders on file & no concrete information about availability - still giving the 11/2-11/15 estimated arrival window.

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I placed the order online; I called the toll-free number on the website & they connected me to BB Mobile, so I'm assuming that's the whole lot.

For what it's worth, when I talked to the BBmobile rep at my local store he said he didn't even know there were new WM phones coming - just another reason to feel good about canceling.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, when I talked to the BBmobile rep at my local store he said he didn't even know there were new WM phones coming - just another reason to feel good about canceling.
Did the rep actually called it Windows Mobile or was that just a slip on your part? ;)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Nope. People like me. Besides, it is entertaining watching you pretzel twist new excuses for why the 77,012th launch screw up isn't the fault of Nokia, but rather that of the Cardassians and Wells Fargo. :D

The Cardassians are a very organized and punctual people. They would tell you when the phone would launch and it would launch exactly when they said.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The Cardassians are a very organized and punctual people. They would tell you when the phone would launch and it would launch exactly when they said.
True. Plus I like how, under their government, when you get arrested you are guilty and the trial is just a "formality." Too bad their race got practically wiped out (SPOILER ALERT, LOL!).

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
True. Plus I like how, under their government, when you get arrested you are guilty and the trial is just a "formality." Too bad their race got practically wiped out (SPOILER ALERT, LOL!).

Dude! I just started Season 4 of DS9 yesterday!!!!

P.S. While I did start Season 4... it's for the second time...hehe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes