Just received an email that my best buy order was cancelled.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
And yet it isn't announced on AT&T which is my point. We know when availability is possible for that phone but you can't get anything on it for AT&T.

Which more-or-less validated my earliest point on this forum -- that a carrier exclusive is a bad idea for a host of reasons, one of which is that the success of your phone is entirely predicated on the actions of a carrier that may not care about a successful launch.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Which more-or-less validated my earliest point on this forum -- that a carrier exclusive is a bad idea for a host of reasons, one of which is that the success of your phone is entirely predicated on the actions of a carrier that may not care about a successful launch.

And they will still have their phones out before your sub-par T-mobile.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Some of us are very impatient and need a date because we are stuck with a BlackBerry that we never should have bought. Lesson learned. If Nokia, ATT, Tooth fairy or whomever is holding up the process don't get their s*** together and give us a date, I will be forced to make another bad decision and get a Galaxy Note II. Please don't make me buy an Android!

I'll say to you right now the Galaxy Note II would not be a bad decision as it is a great phone.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I didn't give bestbuy a chance and canceled my order last week as I don't see them getting shipments as fast as AT&T. The amount of pre order blues for other phones in the bestbuy forums means that it might be **** for some of you if stocks are tight like it seems it will be. :excl:

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
My preorder with BB has not been canceled yet. I feel that if they were going to cancel this and they really only had 127 orders I think they would have canceled all orders at the same time :dry so whats the real story??

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
My preorder with BB has not been canceled yet. I feel that if they were going to cancel this and they really only had 127 orders I think they would have canceled all orders at the same time :dry so whats the real story??

no information out on the phones at all until an official statement from AT&T or nokia so no one knows what is going on with this debacle of a release. And yes it is a debacle as the phone OS and OEM hardware was announced but no released dates. Their direct competitors don't do this so it makes this indeed a fumble from MS on down.

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Just got off the phone with BB. They told me that they had be allotted a very small amount of phones and they had to cancel a bunch of preorders. They also said that if you have not received a order cancellation email yet that you would receive the phone by the 12th at the latest. This could all be BS but I went ahead and cancelled my order anyways and am now relying on ATT w/free charge pad on the 9th. Lets see what happens.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with BB. They told me that they had be allotted a very small amount of phones and they had to cancel a bunch of preorders. They also said that if you have not received a order cancellation email yet that you would receive the phone by the 12th at the latest. This could all be BS but I went ahead and cancelled my order anyways and am now relying on ATT w/free charge pad on the 9th. Lets see what happens.

And so it begins with BB. That small stock is spread across the USA so it will be tight. If the stock is tight from Nokia the order of preference is wireless carriers first, and affiliates like BB, walmart and the sort last.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

So, if by the 12th that would mean that BB folks should get their phones Friday or Monday correct? No shipping/delivery on Saturday or Sunday right?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
And they will still have their phones out before your sub-par T-mobile.

And when they don't?

"Nokia cannot help that a crack strikeforce headed by Roseanne Barr (under the orders of the Cardassian High Command) led a direct assault on the warehouse in combination with Justin Bieber! Anybody who doesn't see this is an IDIOT.

And everyone knows you don't need an official release date -- those in the know say it's April 17th. So you play with your crappy 8X on your sub-par T-Mobile, while I enjoy thinking about one day having a Windows Phone 8 of my own!" :D

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
So, if by the 12th that would mean that BB folks should get their phones Friday or Monday correct? No shipping/delivery on Saturday or Sunday right?
Monday the 12th is when Veteran's Day will be observed here in the US. I know the Post Office won't make deliveries that day, but not sure about Fedex or UPS. Or are you talking about deliveries to the stores for pickup?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Forgot about Veteran's Day, so Friday or Tuesday.

My order hasn't been cancelled yet and I don't plan on cancelling it myself as I get the phone for 'free.' Just waiting waiting waiting...

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm a RewardZOne Silver member with a Best Buy credit card - Using it at places (and through the RewardZone mall) gets me points towards RZ cards for Best Buy. There was $45.00 off the bat for BB.

My wife and I use Viggle quite frequently. Its an app for iOS and Android devices that let you watch and 'check-in' to TV shows and you gain points and can redeem them for gift cards and such to popular retailers and for other things. $50.00 to Best Buy is what I redeemed my points for there.

I had a $25.00 Visa gift card laying around that I got from purchasing new contact lenses awhile back.

Finally, back in February I signed up for BB mobile upgrade deal. Give them your number, they'll notify you if you're eligible to upgrade your phone (my wife and I were, duh we knew that). If you upgrade through Best Buy they give you $50.00 just for getting your phone through their stores or one of their mobile outlets. Awesome.

So, $120.00 came off the phone and the other $50 (for a total of $170) will be given to me after the phone is officially charged to my bank account. So, like I said essentially 'free' and then some all because I'm a customer of BB ;)

So, yes.. Its why I've been adamant about keeping my pre-order with BB all this time and I'm so happy that ordering online through them I was able to get the color I wanted from the beginning - CYAN!

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
My Best Buy pre order was also cancelled. I placed my order on 10/21 in the afternoon (US eastern time). I got the email around midnight last night. I called and complained about the way this was handled. I am upset at this point and debating my next move regarding the botched handling by BB.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
My Best Buy pre order was also cancelled. I placed my order on 10/21 in the afternoon (US eastern time). I got the email around midnight last night. I called and complained about the way this was handled. I am upset at this point and debating my next move regarding the botched handling by BB.

Which phone did you order and was it an upgrade? I didn't place my BB order until the 22nd but it was for Red on Upgrade? Wonder if any of that made a difference....but yes the proverbial ball has very much been dropped by someone somewhere on this launch...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)