Astounding people with old ideas...

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I just blew away a Mac guy by demoing Microsoft Xbox Music on my Surface and Radar.

The best part was when he said "Microsoft is really stepping up their game," and I replied "Remember the Zune you always made fun of? This is a rebranded version. It is four year old tech... you just weren't willing to 'think different' and 'think better.'"

Now he wants a Surface... and a Radar. I advised him to wait for the WP8s.

But I find a lot of the stuff about Windows that impressed people is the older stuff they mocked out of ignorance. What do you think?

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hahah what a way to rub salt into the wounds.

Anyways, I wouldn't doubt it's the older stuff like you're saying because that's what more or less happens with hype right? Colors bias and encourages conformity/herd mentality. ****, the same thing just happened with the tech dude at Slate:

Microsoft Zune: How one of the biggest flops in tech history helped revive a great American tech company. - Slate Magazine

The other thing too, which is what I think the author brings up too is that MS hasn't really been all that great in advertising some of their products. Remember their serious of Live services before they got combined into a new package? Yeah not too many know about that stuff because the word never really got out (aside from that fact that they came out in times where it hadn't caught on to mainstream attention). The same could be said of the SPOT watch Bill Gates tried to push in the mid-late 90's and now there's a Kickstarter project to bring that similar concept back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3