AT&T Windows Phone dates released: HTC 8X Nov 15, Lumia 920 Dic 28.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Iphone 5, Note 2, 8X and 920.

Iphone 5
spcamcompare17.jpg

Note 2
spcamcompare18.jpg

8X
spcamcompare19.jpg

Lumia 920
spcamcompare20.jpg

What a massacre, more at the source.

Camera phone comparison; iPhone 5, Note II, HTC 8X, Lumia 920 (photo gallery) | Page 24 | ZDNet

Last edited:

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
very nice... much better comparison over cnet

2 random thoughts on the 920 I never seen asked or talked about.

1 - Can the pureview night time lighting be turned off? at times I know myself I wouldn't want a super bright shot.

2 - the floating lens in the 920 is suspended by springs... wonder how durable/sensitive these springs will be (thinking of a small drop and what kind of effect it would have on the springs)

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
very nice... much better comparison over cnet

2 random thoughts on the 920 I never seen asked or talked about.

1 - Can the pureview night time lighting be turned off? at times I know myself I wouldn't want a super bright shot.

2 - the floating lens in the 920 is suspended by springs... wonder how durable/sensitive these springs will be (thinking of a small drop and what kind of effect it would have on the springs)

1) Probably. The 920 offers a ton of adjustable settings.

2) I can't find the source right now, but there was a detailed examination of how the floating lens worked and I believe the springs were also apart of a metal piece holding the lens itself, so there shouldn't be an issue with the lens separating from the springs. Honestly due to the suspension, in the case of a drop, it will probably be one of the most protected things in the phone.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
1) Probably. The 920 offers a ton of adjustable settings.

2) I can't find the source right now, but there was a detailed examination of how the floating lens worked and I believe the springs were also apart of a metal piece holding the lens itself, so there shouldn't be an issue with the lens separating from the springs. Honestly due to the suspension, in the case of a drop, it will probably be one of the most protected things in the phone.
yeah figured it would have adjustable settings, just never read anything on them.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Why every site does always same mistake. They took fotos in different format which makes them hard to compare. There is 4:3 mode also in Lumia and in HTC too i think. Then we see cropped photos thrown against other phones which are shot in full 8Mpix. If the playing field is not leveled all comparisons are waste of time.

One think you can tell from those shot though. Lumias shots are often under exposed in daylight photos and over exposed in low light photos. That under exposing makes colours look way over saturated. Other phones usually does the opposite, over exposing daylight photos.

Overall Lumia still takes win because it superior low light capabilities. When they release tweaked software i bet it wins every compartment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs