Transferring SMS from iphone 4s to Lumia 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaoni42

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I am totally sold on this lumia 920, HOWEVER... Its imperative that i am able to transfer over text messages / imessages from my iphone to my Lumia 920. This is easy and possible on android, but after many searches, i am unable to find a way to do so in windows phone 8. Please advise...

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
from what I can gather you can not do this. Immessage you can't as those are an apple service.

You can't even do it from Windows Phone 7 to Windows Phone 8.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ask your provider, some have databases. Here in Switzerland Orange has a service where you can get all your received SMS msg send again to your phone. Ask, it does exist.

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but there is a very simple answer to this that im surprised no one else listed.. GO TO YOUR PROVIDER :) , they have software that can transfer everything from your old phone to your new, including SMS & MMS. IF you do not want to go to a corporate store, such as ATT or Verizon, Best Buy also provides this service free of charge if you buy the phone from them (I used to work there).

So this answer is for all those future folks that want to move over from Apple oLdphone to WP :D

gurnishan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
hey man thanks for the great suggestion, just wondering does, virginmobile canada provide this service, i recently unlocked a rogers lumia 920 for use with virgin ( have been with virgin for 3 years now ) and want to get all my texts transferred from my old android to the 920. can they do it??

Phil Renwick

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
You need to use an android phone as a "bridge" between the iphone and the windows phone.

Using the backup file from the iphone and isms2droid app on the android phone, you can convert isms messages to sms, and import them to the android phone.

There's a "how to" at techrepublic, you'll find it if you google "migrate sms from iphone to android"

Once your messages are safely copied to the android phone, use the Lumia data transfer option to copy the messages by bluetooth from the android phone to the windows phone.

It's a pain in the neck to have to do it this way, but trust me, it does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb