Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8x at local Best Buy

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My coworker just told me that his local Best Buy had dummy phones of the Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8x being displayed....he also mentioned that the employees doesn't know exact release date but the system doesn't show weather they have it in stock or not

So if anybody is interested, head over to your local Best Buy to feel the difference between the L920 and the 8x

I'm still getting the L920 just for the Nokia Drive and the camera

please post pictures or comments if you can verify it's at your local stores..I'll check my local store when I leave work today

keizka

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I seriously have no idea why it felt heavier, it just did. Didn't try all of them dummies there though, might've been one odd out.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I am totally photographing an L920 dummy with 20 pennies taped to it and a horrified look on my face.

But seriously, why do they still have those stupid dummy phones?!? Haven't they figured out that most people want to pick up, feel and use a real phone?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Though, a benefit to the dummy phones is that sometimes when you go into a Best Buy with your precocious 2 year old who loves to play with PHONES they may give you one of the old ones that aren't on display anymore.

Its how we ended up with some god awful slider dummy phone a couple months back when we upgraded my wife's phone.

Those dummy phones, though stupid, do make good kid's toys.

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The important question is why they have dummy phones but no pre order or availability date or pricing yet. What's the point of displaying them if they have no information about them?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The important question is why they have dummy phones but no pre order or availability date or pricing yet. What's the point of displaying them if they have no information about them?

It's all part of the Brilliant Launch Strategy! Consumers will encounter the dummy units and stop all purchases until they're available. :D

myonlyclone

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Simply. Stunning.

Met with "What's?", I discovered the tag for the 920 put out with the existing 900 demo unit at my local BB. $149 on contract, $599 off. See attached.

I was told they have no inventory, but was offered a preorder with no ETA.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
The fact that they put dummy units out just eats me up. I remember when Best Buy was all about actually using the products before you buy them. If someone doesn't know about the 920 or Windows Phone 8 there is NO WAY they buy the Lumia without using the OS/taking photos.

keizka

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Met with "What's?", I discovered the tag for the 920 put out with the existing 900 demo unit at my local BB. $149 on contract, $599 off. See attached.

I was told they have no inventory, but was offered a preorder with no ETA.
Even more amusing is that that's Lumia 900 on the Lumia 920 slot...

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I am totally photographing an L920 dummy with 20 pennies taped to it and a horrified look on my face.

But seriously, why do they still have those stupid dummy phones?!? Haven't they figured out that most people want to pick up, feel and use a real phone?

The AT&T kiosk at my local walmart had a Titan 2 on display. It was sync with some guys account and it was full of tramps as contacts. Naked pictures (in poses that will make Ron Jeremy flinch) all over the People's hub. A total disaster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3