ok. so the alarm is what i use to wake up on my iphone. it's always worked for me and never fails.

i was searching online about alarm type stuff for windows phone. and someone suggested a separate volume for alarms.

so like on the iphone the alarm DID have a separate volume, and even if i had turned down the volume accidentally the alarm would still happen and wake me up in the morning for work.

does windows phone 8 alarms work no matter if the volume is high or low.

also i can wake up to any song i want.

the song is not 100% important. but having the alarm work even if the phone is muted or in silent mode is important. has anyone been able to play with windows phone 8 yet and see if alarms work like that?
    11-05-2012 10:00 PM
    another question. does the mobile site work for youtube? or is google being anticompetitive and letting youtube work on the iphone but not on the windows phone?
    11-05-2012 10:07 PM
    I believe that is how my windows phone 7 focus works. The only wanted, but not necessary, thing I'd like is the 'do not disturb' function that the iPhone has.
    11-05-2012 10:10 PM
    I'd really like to hear a definitive answer on this as well.
    11-05-2012 10:12 PM
    yeah the DND function is nice. i have it auto enable at like 11 or so that way facebook sounds don't annoy me. as long as i can turn off noises for facebook i'll be good. lol. don't need noises for that crap anyways.
    11-05-2012 11:04 PM
    I used my WP7 phone for an alarm all the time. I usually turned the volume way down when going to bed, but that alarm always woke me up. I'm 99% certain the alarm volume is always loud.
    11-05-2012 11:46 PM
    I'd like to know this as well. I still think I prefer how the BlackBerry worked... it would turn on and ring even if I turned the device off.
    11-06-2012 12:03 AM
    Cool. Thanks. What about music for alarm?
    11-06-2012 01:33 AM
    I just went into WP7 (not 8) and turned my volume all the way down and the alarm still came on and made a sound. I do not see a way to wake up to anything other then the alarm sounds or a custom ringtone.
    11-06-2012 01:07 PM
    yah the alarm is always loud, ive been using that for my alarm for the last 2 years and never had a single issue.
    11-06-2012 01:13 PM
    I'd like to know this as well. I still think I prefer how the BlackBerry worked... it would turn on and ring even if I turned the device off.
    BlackBerry does so many things great. I use a Bold 9900 as my only device and nothing gets **** done like a BlackBerry. However I am still making the move to the Lumia 810 next week because I want a different user experience and a fresh OS. I just hope I don't find out later that I can't do what I'm used to doing on BB but it is what it is. I like the look and ecosystem of Windows Phone.
    11-06-2012 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD