Incredible pricing from AT&T...swayed you?

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
It appears Nokia's doing the whole $99 gig for its 9xx series now in the US.

I can see why they went for an exclusive push. Make it front and center of that carrier, and with a very attractive price.

Is the incredible pricing enough for you to overlook the Achilles Heel of the L920?

Last edited:

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to lie, the price is great...what's stopping me from switching is monthly price plus I want updates without hassle...fix those and I will look hard at switching.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
What's the Achilles heel? The highest resolution screen of any Windows Phone? or is it the 32 GB of RAM? No wait, it must be the optical image stabilization that no other phone offers on any platform, yes that must be it.

Brilliant move by Nokia here. Who in their right mind would buy an 8X now?

8X saves you 20 pennies. Lumia 920 saves you $100.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
i was already leaning towards the 920. i was prepared to pay $149 but the $99 pricepoint coupled with the charger if i can snag one in time makes it all the more appealing. either way on att you cant go wrong with the 8X or the 920 given what both phones have to offer and the price point

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
What's the Achilles heel? The highest resolution screen of any Windows Phone? or is it the 32 GB of RAM? No wait, it must be the optical image stabilization that no other phone offers on any platform, yes that must be it.

I think its more towards...

L920 + $100 bill > 8X + 20 pennies

:p

It's a move that almost makes me forgive the exclusivity. And I hope when it is over, other carriers are forced by the wild success of the L920 to grab it and offer at the same low prices.

Knight018

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

But you will have to carry those extra 20 pennies with you at all times if you buy the 920. D: /endSarcasm

Seriously though, at that price I'm definitely buying the 920 over the 8x without a second thought.

Why0Why

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was buying it anyway, but this makes it even more appealing. I am truly STUNNED that they are selling it for that price. And a charging plate to boot? Awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon