The .pdf problem...

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Why is it still not possible to save a .pdf file to skydrive or the phone from WP8? This is ludicrous! At least we need the option to send .pdf files from the MS .pdf reader. Anyone know more about this crazy situation?

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I wish some users who own WP8 devices would actually help answer some of these questions. I know there are a few on this forum who have WP8 devices.

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Am I not getting something here or what are you guys talking about? :straight: I can download and save pdf files just fine on my 800. So it definitely should be possible on the WP8 phones.
I don't know about uploading to skydrive though. I'll check that later today when my 920 arrives.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
The new Microsoft Reader app (i.e. the port of the W8 version) does not have any options to save to device, or to upload to skydrive. It's very basic.

If you upload a PDF to Skydrive from your computer, it will show up in the Office hub as available to download, but your only option is to re-save it to Skydrive, not your phone. Also, it opens with the above-mentioned Reader app.

(And no, a PDF opened from web or email does not appear in the Office hub.)

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Really? So they did a backward step in this regard? Pdf files that were opened on a wp7 device would be automatically saved to the office hub.
Very stupid move.
Is the adobe reader available for wp8?

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea, you are right. It's not there for my 920. PDF's still get saved on the phone but one can only find them in the PDF reader and not in the office hub anymore.
Dissapointing...

gfunk84

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Really? So they did a backward step in this regard? Pdf files that were opened on a wp7 device would be automatically saved to the office hub.

Very stupid move.

Is the adobe reader available for wp8?

I've never seen a PDF in my WP7 Office hub. Where do they show up?

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
A feature I've always been praying for and expecting ( attach files docs/pdf to mail and also upload to skydrive) is still not possible with WP8. SMH, why then should I get a WP8?? Microsoft disappoints me a lot sometimes, we use our phones to work and they should be able to address these issues without us begging. They should be bringing these stuff rather than those stupid kids corner and room stuff. I use my phone to work not play. Sometimes I just feel like switching to make life simple and easier :-(

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920. I have installed the PDF reader app. It doesn't work well at all. I have only been able to get it to view one simple PDF (single page) that I created using Word on my PC. I was hoping to be able to view PDF magazines on my phone, the PDF reader won't open them. I tried taking the magazine PDF and using a PDF print driver printing it down to a simpler PDF, but it still won't open them. Transferred the files using skydrive.

Really need a good PDF reader here.

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 920... and the PDF is so basic....regardless of saving it to Phone, I can not email it to anyone..unless you go to office app and choose it from your skydrive...opening a PDF file to save/email won't work.

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the MS pdf reader. As soon as I tap the bookmark button it closes the pdf file. I am not sure if the bookmark functionality is broken for everyone or only on my 920.

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
MS pdf reader on the phone can't open locked files...... The bulk of the pdfs I need/want to view have a password on them. Seriously getting annoyed with MS

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
IMO the lack of a decent PDF Reader or any PDF editor is a bigger thing than lacking Instagram or whatever the latest app of the moment is. Being able to open a PDF on your phone is a must for anyone who uses a phone for business, and the MS PDF Reader is NOT adequate.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had vehicle shop manuals in pdf on my last 2 android phones, latest OS being 2.3. I haven't even tried loading them to SkyDrive or the L920 but assumed there would be no issue. I guess that makes an @$$ out of both me and MS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3