Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

What's the best course of action for us guys who went in for the 900 and that generation of phones?!

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Either buy full price or suck it until 2014 =/.

Global Posts
    32,223 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    if you add a line on AT&T, you will be eligible for a subsidized price.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/1739789-post3.htm
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 11-07-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Either buy full price or suck it until 2014 =/.
    For what it's worth, I bought my Lumia 900 at launch and AT&T says I will have an upgrade in November 2013.

I already pre-ordered a 920 though, so I'll save that upgrade for the Lumia 1000. I hear it's going to be 8" high by 4" wide and weigh 2 kg. I'm already working out so I'll have the muscle I need to carry it by then. :lol:

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    For what it's worth, I bought my Lumia 900 at launch and AT&T says I will have an upgrade in November 2013.

I already pre-ordered a 920 though, so I'll save that upgrade for the Lumia 1000. I hear it's going to be 8" high by 4" wide and weigh 2 kg. I'm already working out so I'll have the muscle I need to carry it by then. :lol:
    Also for what it's worth, I bought my Lumia 900 a launch (pre-ordered, switched from Sprint) and have had the 5GB data plan since then. Somehow I have an upgrade available to me, and I used it last night to preorder the Lumia 920 for $99. I guess we'll see what shows up on Friday.
    Sell your 900, send it to gazelle or send it into a trade-in program (att and HTC both have programs which are giving $75 and $150 for the lumia respectively, not sure if Nokia has one)
    By design...

@ebopeep

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    You have a couple of options...

1) Pay the ETF and leave for another carrier for two weeks, then come back;
    2) Buy the phone full price;
    3) Call AT&T retentions and tell them you intend to leave unless you get a break on the 920 (but if you get one, you've used up your one "mulligan" and won't get one in the future);
    4) Befriend someone at Nokia, tell them you're super-impressed with their launch and marketing acumen, and would love to have a 920. :D