Phones without removable batteries make me nervous

sandman

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
None of my phone have had a battery that lasted more than 1.5 years. I will still be under contract then. So, who provides the best aftermarket warranty?

wormy6

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I do really like how I never 'charge' my phone... I just have 3 batteries. One I keep in my backpack for emergency, one in the phone, and one in the charger in my room.

It is really rather nice not having to attend to my phone more than 2-5 seconds a day. I know plugging it in is easy but sadly I often forget to plug it in and my schedule is very variable so I don't always have those extra hours at home.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I was nervous too.. Until I decided to actually purchase the Best Buy warranty. I can come back to Best Buy in a year and say - I want a new 920 since this battery isn't too hot right now.

Alright sir - here you go.

Thank you, have a nice day.

sandman

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't see bb warranty price details on their site. What is it typically?

Square trade is out. $125/2 years and $99 deductible lol.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The deductibles and price for smartphone warranties simply don't seem worth it to me.

I used to be nervous about not having a removable battery but it's not an issue anymore. The batteries last much longer now, you don't have the expense of buying extras and there are several very good small portable charges that you can use if needed.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
$9 a month warranty to replace a battery, that's a bit pricey. Don't batteries usually cost about $20 to $25? You can replace the lumia 920's battery, it just requires some time, patience and small tools.

I'm also very nervous about having a non-removable battery. The Lumia 920 will be my first smartphone to have this issue.

My Samsung Focus (and my wife's) have both lasted us 2 full years now, although recently the battery has been acting odd. We have had to pull the battery out a few times to unfreeze the phone(not a lot, maybe 5 times each in 2 years). That's my main worry with the Lumia 920.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I do really like how I never 'charge' my phone... I just have 3 batteries. One I keep in my backpack for emergency, one in the phone, and one in the charger in my room.

It is really rather nice not having to attend to my phone more than 2-5 seconds a day. I know plugging it in is easy but sadly I often forget to plug it in and my schedule is very variable so I don't always have those extra hours at home.

Wow that's a lot of batteries. Although im not one to talk.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/AnkerAstro.jpg/640px-AnkerAstro.jpg

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

wormy6

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's a lot of batteries. Although im not one to talk.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/AnkerAstro.jpg/640px-AnkerAstro.jpg

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Well its a 3 year old phone (droid) and the batteries don't have a lot of juice, sadly. I started with 2 batteries but I lost one so I bought a 3rd and I found my second... I am sorta glad it happened because having 3 instantly dropped that piece of stress in my life. :) Definently worth the $$ for someone with bad memory and friends/family always saying 'your phone is always dead'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234