Windows Phone 8 and docking accessories

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

When I'm looking around in shops I usually notice a lot of iPhone/iPad docking stations (that's the reason why I bought an iPhone two years ago), but the last few months I've been noticing an increase in Android docking stations as well. I was wondering: will the Windows 8 Phones be compatible with these dockings? After all, both the Android phones and the Windows phones will have a Micro USB port on the bottom center of the devices, right? If that's the case, it'll give Windows Phone users a whole lot of options to choose from when they're browsing for dockings/accessoires!
Anyone with a Windows Phone 8 device been able to test this?

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
That certainly is a possibility seeing as all WP8 devices have the microUSB port on the bottom. One issue I can see is the difference device shapes, however that can be fixed if dock manufacturers made a design that had different inserts for the various WP8 devices.

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
That certainly is a possibility seeing as all WP8 devices have the microUSB port on the bottom. One issue I can see is the difference device shapes, however that can be fixed if dock manufacturers made a design that had different inserts for the various WP8 devices.

Something like this has got to work, right?
PHILIPS-AS351-ANDROID-DOCK-HOPARLOR__57113516_0.jpg

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that a lot of third-party accessories come out. Docks are great for charging or using your phone as bed side clock.

I think that the standard placement of the USB connector on the middle bottom will help to this matter.

brody59

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Working in an electronics store and owning a Lumia 920, I thought I might see if my phone works with the Philips Android docks. As I suspected, it charged the phone perfectly but no audio support (only via Bluetooth).
Hopefully we'll see some universal docks soon as WP8 popularity grows!

hairlet

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I moved from iOS to WP8. I used to use an Airport Express with my iPhone. For me, I would love to see something similar to the JBL speaker unit (that uses NFC to pair the phone to the speaker via Bluetooth AND charges the phone) but just has an audio out.

A bit like having the DT-910 charging plate but with the addition of an audio out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo