What are you looking forward to in the next major OS update?

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Sure, it has just been days, and some countries don't even have the phone yet. Still, MS admitting that they ran out of time on a notification center, the fact that Skype replaces WLM only 2 weeks into a Windows 8 with baked in WLM support, makes me think that MS isn't afraid of change and will update aggressively if they can. This does mark a change from their 'slower' days, but it's a new MS, and probably they realized that a faster iteration cycle will benefit them. No point doing the perfect thing, Duke Nukem Forever was stuck in development **** and still sucked when it got out.

Personally, I hope for a notification center that is easy to access, native Skype support and the ability to create your own tile colour.

What about you?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
deeper custimization
- like wallpapers, custom tile colors, maybe themes?
emulators
better group messaging
deeper xbox integration
more apps!

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
More battery life!

Cell phones have been around for a long looong time, but the battery life seems to continue to decline.

My WM6.5 device lasts 4 to 5 days on a single charge with moderate use. Why does all other tech get better, but battery life gets worse when it comes to smartphones?

/miniRant

Bring us custom ring-tones and more volume/vibrate options!

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for Vargo!

It will give us everything we want and more. Now that it shares NT code, MS can shuffle more developers back and forth for large updates.

I want:
Whatever Apple or Google gets in the next 3 months to finally stay on par and better

Notification Center
Customer Hubs (all with their own "Start" screens filled with live tiles, not just another app list)
A-Z in the settings
Pinablle quick settings - without app needed
Go to Kid's Corner via a unique code for lock screen
Custom tones for texts, emails, etc. (can be made on phone, same with ringtone, no app needed)
Visual Voicemail not use volume of OS
Different volumes
a Do Not Disturb

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
More battery life!

Cell phones have been around for a long looong time, but the battery life seems to continue to decline.

My WM6.5 device lasts 4 to 5 days on a single charge with moderate use. Why does all other tech get better, but battery life gets worse when it comes to smartphones?

The simple answer is your phone is doing way more all of the time than your windows mobile device ever did. Take a look at the screen you have. Even if it's the smallest of the WP out there I bet it is at LEAST twice the size of your windows mobile device. What about resolution? I bet that is about twice the quality as well. As you up all of these things, you also raise power consumption. It's the nature of the beast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss