Facebook Messenger is finally usable in WP8

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
In 7.5, you could only message online contacts.

On 8, you can send a facebook message to any contact. This is great because most people use facebook mobile.

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Based in my experience, you already can chat friends using facebook mobile but they show as offline.

What I would like is sync messages I received offline.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Based in my experience, you already can chat friends using facebook mobile but they show as offline.

What I would like is sync messages I received offline.
Exactly this. Though when they are offline it won't actually send your messages just give you an error

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Very excited about this. On my Lumia 900 if someone was connected to Facebook with their phone, it would sometimes say they were offline which prevented me from messaging them. My only complaint, which also happened on the L900, is that FB chat doesn't always sync up with my phone. Earlier, my friend started chatting with me and I replied on my phone but then continued the conversation on my Surface. After closing the screen on the Surface, I heard the message sound but none of them were sent to my phone anymore.

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Very excited about this. On my Lumia 900 if someone was connected to Facebook with their phone, it would sometimes say they were offline which prevented me from messaging them. My only complaint, which also happened on the L900, is that FB chat doesn't always sync up with my phone. Earlier, my friend started chatting with me and I replied on my phone but then continued the conversation on my Surface. After closing the screen on the Surface, I heard the message sound but none of them were sent to my phone anymore.

I'm pretty sure that's how it performs in WP8 except you can send messages to offline contacts ( have been this way for a while). So, no syncing after surface :/

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, that's kind of how it works for me too. I will get messages from FB on my HD7 but if I am by my computer I will continue the convo from there. It seems at some point the phone gets the idea that I am talking on FB through my computer and the messages stop forwarding to the phone.

I thought it was a feature but it may be a bug. It is kind of nice to be able to talk on FB messenger on the computer without my phone going off non stop at the same time lol.

IceCrush

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
the question is, can you receive messages from offline facbook contacts on wp8 message hub and chat with them, or you only just send?

Master_Nuno

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
the question is, can you receive messages from offline facbook contacts on wp8 message hub and chat with them, or you only just send?

confused on the question. They are offline so they are not sending you a FB msg nor will you be chatting.

You can send a FB contact a msg if they are offline and they will get it once they sign on.

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
There are all the situations I could think off:

1. You: Online x Contact: Online

• Sending: Ok.
  • Receiving: Ok.

2. You: Online x Contact: Offline

• Receiving: Doesn't work. (Needs confirmation)

3. You: Online x Contact: Mobile (Displays as Offline)

• Receiving: Ok. (Needs confirmation)

4. You: Offline x Contact: Online/Offline/Mobile

• Sending: Ok. Automatically changes status to: Online
  • Receiving: Doesn't work. Won't sync once online or connected to internet.

Last edited:

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The problem even is:

When you set your status to Online or whatever, your friends all see you as online in Facebook. You can't use invisible, because messages won't be delivered then, to no side. I don't want my friends to see that I'm online, I want it the same way as Facebook Messenger works, with a mobile icon on there...

This is **** :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05