Hey guys 8x or ativ for tmobile us

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for this post. I'm in the same situation: on AT&T eligible for upgrade. I also want to compare the 920 and the 820. I'm attracted to the 820 because of its removable battery and expandable storage, and attracted to the 920 due to its camera (I can live without wireless charging). The 32GB on the 920 is cool but that comes down to 26GB usable storage or so. I also entertained the idea that if I went with the 820 then maybe I could switch to T-Mo to get the 810 if my family plan comes out cheaper.

My question to you: Why did you switch to T-Mobile?

You're welcome. To answer your question....

1) I want a WP8 phone and I want a Nokia for the exclusive apps.

2) The Lumia 810 is the best looking Nokia to me and is the perfect size.

3) ATT currently gives me 21.1 mbps HSPA+ while T-Mobile gives me 42.2 mbps HSPA+

4) T-Mobile has better and less expensive data plans.

5) T-Mobile has better customer service than AT&T.

6) I don't like the Lumia 920

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Sure but that was then, this is now - why go with last year's screen when buying a device you might use for a couple of years?
True, but the 810/820/822 are mid-tier phones, so one can't expect them to have the best of everything. Thing is, they have the same screen as last year's (or rather, earlier this year's) top device, and that's fine by me. It could have been worse and they could have slapped on the 710's WVGA screen. ;)

Or it could be that being on T-Mobile, I'm used to them not typically carrying top-tiered devices and go, "Eh..." when T-Mo misses the high end phones. :D Don't get me wrong, cause I would love to have the 920. But if my carrier doesn't have it, there's not a whole lot I can do about it. And rather than spend $600-$700 for the off contract version, I'd rather use the money on something else, like the Surface Pro! :)

...The 32GB on the 920 is cool but that comes down to 26GB usable storage or so...
Hrm...does this mean the 810 will be left with only 2GB of onboard memory? That's not a lot of space for apps. And last I checked, apps can't be installed on the microSD card. Or can they?

Last edited:

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
True, but the 810/820/822 are mid-tier phones, so one can't expect them to have the best of everything. Thing is, they have the same screen as last year's (or rather, earlier this year's) top device, and that's fine by me. It could have been worse and they could have slapped on the 710's WVGA screen. ;)

Or it could be that being on T-Mobile, I'm used to them not typically carrying top-tiered devices and go, "Eh..." when T-Mo misses the high end phones. :D Don't get me wrong, cause I would love to have the 920. But if my carrier doesn't have it, there's not a whole lot I can do about it. And rather than spend $600-$700 for the off contract version, I'd rather use the money on something else, like the Surface Pro! :)

Hrm...does this mean the 810 will be left with only 2GB of onboard memory? That's not a lot of space for apps. And last I checked, apps can't be installed on the microSD card. Or can they?

I think aubreyq meant 26GB for storage and 6GB for apps. No you can't install apps on SD card but if you stored all of your files on a 64GB SD card and let the apps run on the internal 8GB memory you will never run out of internal memory. 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, and 64GB external storage should keep even the most demanding user happy.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
You're welcome. To answer your question....

1) I want a WP8 phone and I want a Nokia for the exclusive apps.

2) The Lumia 810 is the best looking Nokia to me and is the perfect size.

3) ATT currently gives me 21.1 mbps HSPA+ while T-Mobile gives me 42.2 mbps HSPA+

4) T-Mobile has better and less expensive data plans.

5) T-Mobile has better customer service than AT&T.

6) I don't like the Lumia 920

Hope that helps.
Thanks again, man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos