SkyDrive Question

IEvil IMonkey

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok so now the SkyDrive app is available on WindowsPhone8 I want to know the following as its the 1st time I'm using it

Anything I put in my SkyDrive on my PC I can access through the app on my phone now BUT the files (video or pics) ALSO appear in the PICTURES area in 2 new files/albums named Camera Roll from SkyDrive and Videos from SkyDrive

Is there a way to stop these 2 files from showing my SkyDrive content or will they always sync the thing I put in my SkyDrive???

I like the app as its PASSWORD PROTECTED and only I can access the files (like it worked on WP7) as some are private but they just keep showing up in the 2 new files/albums where anybody can see them and as alot of people want to see my new WP8 they can easily access this info which I'd rather they couldn't do

Thanks for any help on this

PS I use an app called Photo Lock to protect some pictues but I'm not aware of an app that works in a similar way to protect videos I've already made (Photo Lock only lets you protect videos you film from within the app which is useless with videos I've already made)

Last edited:

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
They will always sync and appear there. The best you can do is password protect the device itself, and if you're passing the device around, utilising Kid's Corner.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you have your phone setup to automatically sync pictures and videos to SkyDrive? I imagine that will put them in the Camera Roll and Videos folders.

IEvil IMonkey

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I found an app similar to Photo Lock called Private Video (must have only just gone up recently) You import your videos from SkyDrive and can then delete them from SkyDrive to prevent others seeing them

The app is ?2.29 though so its a costly substitute

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo