First time smartphone buyer - should I go Windows?

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
To be honest it only takes one swipe upwards on the marketplace to get from the decent apps to the pure crap, and freaking Pandora won't be out until 2013. Feature phones have Pandora.

Pandora on other phones is not going to be like Pandora on WP8. Also, isn't WP8 offering 1 free year of the paid service for Pandora?

TofuDelight

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
The thing with tweaking and customizing is that people want to change Android because it is not good enough.

I don't have much I'd want to change about Windows Phone. And I don't want to spend hours modding it.

And personalizing a phone is totally different from customizing it. Windows Phone is automatically personalized to you because of the live tiles and such.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I would say that an Android phone may be better for you. I haven't used Android myself since Gingerbread, but my friend owns a Galaxy Note II (runs Jellybean) and Android no longer suffers from the lag I experienced with Gingerbread.

I do want some selection of games though, preferably with paid and free ad (I don't see these much on Marketplace, at least when I looked) options.

This may be because for a lot of apps, rather than listing a separate free version, they have a trial mode. You click the app and it gives you the option to buy it or try it.

cruzr96

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ah well that does explain it. Are these free trials just like the ones on Android? Basically like the paid version but with apps? If that's the case, then I'm definitely going Windows. It just looks too good. If anything I can return it if I don't like it.

One last question though -- as I've mentioned before I don't have an xBox, I don't use Hotmail or anything like that, and I'm not planning on upgrading to W8 on my laptop. Would this still make the WP8 a good buy?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Ah well that does explain it. Are these free trials just like the ones on Android? Basically like the paid version but with apps? If that's the case, then I'm definitely going Windows. It just looks too good. If anything I can return it if I don't like it.

One last question though -- as I've mentioned before I don't have an xBox, I don't use Hotmail or anything like that, and I'm not planning on upgrading to W8 on my laptop. Would this still make the WP8 a good buy?
yea. of course. you can still use ur gmail and stuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss