Question about multi tasking/resume

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I have seen a few videos of the multi tasking in WP8 and it seems the problems from WP7 are still there, i.e. when launching from the home screen the app is launched from the beginning and not resumed from where it was before.

However, I saw that on the facebook app it resumes when you launch it from the home screen. So does this mean that there is a resume feature for developers to take advantage of, and that MS just hasn't used that feature in their native apps? Or maybe they will integrate it into their native apps in the future?

This is a big issue for me and I will get a Lumia no matter what, but I would just like to know about this issue beforehand from other people who have used WP8.

luckyhillkop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have seen a few videos of the multi tasking in WP8 and it seems the problems from WP7 are still there, i.e. when launching from the home screen the app is launched from the beginning and not resumed from where it was before.

However, I saw that on the facebook app it resumes when you launch it from the home screen. So does this mean that there is a resume feature for developers to take advantage of, and that MS just hasn't used that feature in their native apps? Or maybe they will integrate it into their native apps in the future?

This is a big issue for me and I will get a Lumia no matter what, but I would just like to know about this issue beforehand from other people who have used WP8.
Yup, it's up to the developer to take advantage of this feature.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I think this fast resume is best suited for certain kinds of apps, ones you use with really just one level of "navigational hierarchy". For example: a chat client, a game, or a location based app. In something like the Store, I like returning to the initial screen - I might be buried in a particular app in a particular category and it's just quicker that way. However, you want to jump right back in to a chat client or navigation app, and you wouldn't want to consistently restart a game if you could help it.

I like it being up to the developers, I'm just afraid many won't bother to take advantage of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb