How in the name of Donkey Kong do I make offline playlists?

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Seems as spotify is for some stupid reason not available for Windows Phone 8, i'm having to use Xbox music for the 30 day trial which they give you, but I am really struggling on how to make a playlist.

What do I do? I made a playlist via Zune on my PC and Xbox music picked it up on my phone, but it said it had 0 songs, which was strange. I can't see a way to create or add songs to a playlist on the phone itself, yet alone a way to make it available offline, the whole process just seems, well rubbish. Any newbies guides out there to help me? God I wish spotify was available.

runam0k

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm struggling too at the moment. The only instance of "save as playlist" I can find on the phone itself is under the "..." menu when you are playing a sony... but it saves a playlist containing all the songs 'playing now'. There doesn't seem to be a way to add individual songs to a playlist of delete songs from a playlist.

Really limited at the moment, unless I am missing something. You would think MS would have these basic things covered for Xbox Music.

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Exacty, it's terribly poor how it's implemented, Spotify has it perfect, however it's not there in WP8. If Xbox music has this, basic functionality, working well, i'd most probably have changed over, at the moment though it's not a very good app.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I spent two hours try to figure this out yesterday. What you need to do is download the Windows Phone desktop program. Which has different functionality than the Metro app. The Metro app was installed when I first connected my phone, but it made no mention of a desktop app. If you've ever used and iPod or iPhone then the interface will look familiar. It will scan your music folders and then you click the check boxes of whatever you want on your phone. It reads Zune playlists just fine. You may need to import the playlist in Xbox music and let it see all the songs you've added and let it download them to your PC.

Link for program: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)