Reinstalling Apps?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
So, with the 920 coming to AT&T tomorrow, I started thinking about the fact that I'm going to have to reinstall all of the apps that I currently have on my 900.

That brings the question- has anything at all been done to improve this experience? On WP7, you have to install each program manually, one at a time. Windows 8 gives you a "Your Apps" menu that lets you batch select apps to be installed.

Does WP8 act more like WP7 or more like Windows 8? Do we even get an app history in WP8?

(And yes, I am aware of the "Reinstaller" app for WP7, but that's a kludgy workaround that still requires you to manually click install on every single app you want.)

Last edited:

rictersmith

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up my 920 and looking for the same answer with no luck... please tell me I dont have to reinstall each application one at a time.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes you do. I just had my Focus next to me and just went through the list and downloaded what I wanted again. It isn't hard, just tedious.

ontapbjt

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings>find my phone> enable push notifications.

Then sign into WindowsPhone.com and go to purchase history. It will list all of the apps that you have downloaded. Go down the list and reinstall any apps that you want on your new phone. This works but it seems like the site is having problems as it is very slow right now.

Edit: ha, looks like rkgriffin beat me to it.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Similar problem here in that WindowsPhone.com doesn't recognize my new L822, only my old Trophy. And because of that I can't reinstall apps to my new phone.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My L822 just showed up on windowsphone.com. Must've been a glitch. But now trying to reinstall my old apps is timing out. I'll keep waiting!

dnmartin98

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just went there too and noticed that only my paid apps are visible. That is a royal pain in the ***. So I guess I am going to have to fire up the trusty old Focus once more, grab paper and pencil, make a list and then do it all by hand. Unless anyone has any other ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon