A small but sure way to tell WP 8 is gaining popularity.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
As I cruise websites, I notice response on WP articles increasing. With WP 7, this wasn't true. An article might have a few or no responses. But WP 8 provides dozens of responses. Android and iPhone fanatics are also trolling- slamming WP 8 as much as they can. Another sign that Microsoft is building some momentum.

Heck, just look on our site. A few months ago, the top responses on threads were 40, maybe 60 postings. Now, all of our top threads are over 100 postings.

I know- unscientific, speculative, and argumentative. This does not guarantee sales. But, interest has to come first, right?

It is a place to build on. Go WP!!!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
In my un-scientific survey. I've noticed that the MS WP post on FB will get 1000's of likes now. Back during the WP7 days, it would rarely get about 100 very often.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Angry Birds Star Wars came out at the same time. Wp7 doesn't have ABSW yet, which only means that fragmentation is the way of popularity.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I hate to admit it, but but I'm debating buying 2 920's outright, partially because of ABSW. Wife is also nagging me to upgrade... Jury is still out on whether a techy wife is a good thing or bad thing. If she wasn't techy, she'd be pushing to wait till our upgrade is available (March) which would save money.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I hate to admit it, but but I'm debating buying 2 920's outright, partially because of ABSW. Wife is also nagging me to upgrade... Jury is still out on whether a techy wife is a good thing or bad thing. If she wasn't techy, she'd be pushing to wait till our upgrade is available (March) which would save money.
Buying two 920s outright just to play ABSW??????

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The trolling over Windows RT/Surface and WP8 has been utterly Over-The-Top in Droidworld and iOSland as of late. That's a Good Thing. They're not showing up on the BlackBerry boards to slam BB10...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
In my un-scientific survey. I've noticed that the MS WP post on FB will get 1000's of likes now. Back during the WP7 days, it would rarely get about 100 very often.
THAT is a good sign. Wonder how Nokia's Facebook is fairing? Wonder how many "likes" the 8X and the 8S are getting on HTC's site.

By the way, as to your signature- Udonis Haslem is a very, very important player for the Heat- not just in this last championship run, but their first one....

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
The trolling over Windows RT/Surface and WP8 has been utterly Over-The-Top in Droidworld and iOSland as of late. That's a Good Thing. They're not showing up on the BlackBerry boards to slam BB10...

That's because BB10 is not going to be a threat to Droid & IOS, only WP8 is. These trolls are feeling the heat.
The Sun Is Steadily But Surely Rising on WP8 \o/

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They are getting much more likes also.

Udonis is important, but he could easily be replace.
THAT is a good sign. Wonder how Nokia's Facebook is fairing? Wonder how many "likes" the 8X and the 8S are getting on HTC's site.

By the way, as to your signature- Udonis Haslem is a very, very important player for the Heat- not just in this last championship run, but their first one....

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Are you with AT&T now? They will probably early upgrade you. Worth a few tries.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Put it this way - when I got my Focus in 2010, I was the only one at the store when it opened and no one else came in the entire time I was there to get it (not saying people did after I left though).

I could find a store with a Focus pretty easily, because no one really was purchasing them.

But, sonofa... Trying to pry info out of Best Buy and searching on AT&T stores has been a nightmare to find someone with something other than black. Craziness. I hope its because its so popular people are just gobbling it up. But, I feel it has a little to do with that and a lot to do with not having enough product out there.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
It's a combination of both. Colors other than black are selling out fast for both the 920 and 820, and AT&T won't hold them for customers. First come, first served.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb