Windows Phone 8 app keeps crashing

homegeek

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the new software to work? I plug in my Nokia 920 and try to sync it with iTunes and it crashes almost immediately.

Wayne Crannell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
SkyDrive + Xbox cloud music = no computer needed for sync.

At least how I do it.

Fine, except, my two year commitment will be up before SkyDrive actually finishes uploading my music.

Yes, the app is buggy. It seems to be something with filenames or somesuch. Each time it freezes, I note the file/folder it freezes on and remove that from the sync. I'm missing a few dozen songs, but the sync did finish.

Brian McBride

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have it crashing on something too. Super annoying.

Then I read about using Windows Media Player to sync your music, which can also be set to downsample it if you want to save space by taking 320kbs rips down to 192 or something more space-saving. However, today I'm having problems with WMP actually seeing all my music sitting in the music folder. No idea what that is about. Driving me NUTS.

I wonder if there is a good 3rd party sync app. I used to use one for the iPod ages ago that was way better than iTunes for sycning and organizing your music across multiple devices. But it has been years.

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia doesn't crash when I try to sync, but it crashed like 2-3 times while I was doing some normal stuff until now (Have the phone since friday...)

S1NKING SH1PS

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia doesn't crash when I try to sync, but it crashed like 2-3 times while I was doing some normal stuff until now (Have the phone since friday...)

I had my Lumia crash/freeze earlier tonight, haha. Was actually browsing the WPCentral app when it frozen on the news screen. The brightness dimmed down (as if the screen was about to turn off), but the news screen stayed on. If you tapped the buttons on the bottom, they still vibrated and were still lit, but it had no action. The screen became non-responsive. Had to reset it and it booted up fine again. Hopefully it was just a fluke thing... hopefully. haha :]

Longshot2012

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine keeps crashing too. I was originally using the Windows Media Library and that worked ok with the Windows Phone software, but I don't have any playlists or anything setup so I was just going to use my iTunes library. I can't even get to the point where it starts looking at the iTunes library, or doing any syncing. It crashes as soon as iTunes opens up.

john08135i

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.. I just got a 920 and found this error when trying to copy itunes playlist to 920.

I saved my itunes playlist to m3u and saved into windows media player..works great..thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3