WP8 album art

shalgrim

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate finding this forum and look forward to trying the solutions. Just thought I'd add one problem I have which I haven't seen, which occurs for just one of my albums. Los Lobos' La Pistola y el Coraz?n. Eight of the nine tracks are listed with album art under La Pistola y el Corazon (note no accent) and the ninth is in a different album La Pistola y el Coraz?n (with accent) and no album art. But everything matches up in Zune and in the metadata and...it's just weird.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Appreciate finding this forum and look forward to trying the solutions. Just thought I'd add one problem I have which I haven't seen, which occurs for just one of my albums. Los Lobos' La Pistola y el Coraz?n. Eight of the nine tracks are listed with album art under La Pistola y el Corazon (note no accent) and the ninth is in a different album La Pistola y el Coraz?n (with accent) and no album art. But everything matches up in Zune and in the metadata and...it's just weird.
If you look at that track with a tag editor you will find the tag for the track, the album field, does not match the others and there is no embeded album art.
You can probably see the album name difference using the properties of the track in explorer.

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Yep, same here. Win8 Pro x64. Using win phone app to transfer music to my Lumia 920 and on the phone there's a lot of albums that just show grey squares where album art should be. I'm sure this will be solved but I wanted to add to this thread to increase visibility.
I admire your optimism but my experience with MS is that they will do whatever they want and we will just learn to live with it.
... if you have manually copied over .m4a (iTunes) files to your phones storage through Explorer (because the Windows Phone App for Desktop is lame), XBOX music will not download the artist image for the live tile or the background.
That's not true. Over time it will eventually find most of the artist backgrounds it has, usually when you play something by that artist. It just requires a little patience.
I'm happy that MS has gone back to an Explorer friendly format after WP7, but for music management on Windows Phone, I must reluctantly admit that I think Zune was much better (so far, let's hope).
I'm not, I hate it with a passion, but it's currently the best option. It is an order of magnitude more difficult and several orders of magnitude less successful than Zune was with WP7.x.
I had the exact same problem, try using Windows media player to sync, this fixed the problems for me :) It seems that there is some sort of bug with the windows phone for desktop app. Hope this helps and sorts it for you!
I have so many problems with WMP it's not funny. It doesn't show all my album artwork, although it shows a lot more than X-Box Music does, and it shows things I don't want it to no matter what settings I give it and it ignores the genres I have painstakingly applied in Zune for some artists but not others.

I'm sure MediaMonkey will sort me out but I'll be buggered if I am going to install yet another piece of software to do what I used to have no problems at all with. I love Zune, it is far and away the best music player I have come across and I'm not likely to give it up, ever, unless someone comes out with something better (which seems highly unlikely). Syncing my ZuneHD and phone with Zune was/is effortless but now getting music onto my phone is a freakin' nightmare. MS are the better at "one step forward, two steps back" than anyone else I've come across.

Davinder Sangha

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The confusion is the Start Apps and Windows Desktop. In the old days, everyone would use Windows Media Player. However, MS seem to be encouraging the use of the Start Windows Phone App to sync.

I've just done a complete revamp of my music and did the following:

Copied all into the Music folder in Libraries.
Changed the settings within Windows Media Player so that the files names are all consistence.
Then used WMP to Find Album info, etc.
Made sure all were updated (WMP shows "Updating...." in the bottom right bar).
Then used the Desktop version of Windows Phone Sync, to sync all music.

Some album art still didn't appear, but that was down to it not being properly found in "Find Album Art"

The background picture didn't appear unless I was on Wireless.

Davinder Sangha

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I solved it by syncing the missing items using WMP not any other sync app, or Windows Phone Sync. I noticed that on some of the folders on the phone, it didn't actually copy over the hidden folder.jpg or album art.jpg files. The Windows 8 sync apps and desktop software are probably buggy and for some reason fail to copy all the hidden artwork over. I did notice that for any new albums ripped or added, it did seem to copy over the artwork.

The way to solve is to:

Delete the music from the phone (using File Explorer) and manually sync using WMP

or

Take a look at the missing artwork and add those complete artists using WMP sync (which is what I am doing).

or

Delete the music from the phone and add it using File Explorer again.

Davinder Sangha

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
However, if any of the filenames, etc have changed, the phone will show two albums. Might be best to sync as normal using Windows Phone 8 first and then doing any of the above.

Nazmi Lao

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have this problem where all the album cover are 70% wrong. The metadata is allright.

It affects those that don't have an album cover... So now 70% of my music is stuck with this album cover of a Korean girl's pop group cover. LOL. Help!

arungwl2013

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
it only attach the image at background
while the artist image is like 4time bigger than resolution
So, it is not cool as the original one
MPATool is fine but the original is best
I had many music files having artist and albums art automatically downloaded in my window phone but after i restore my phone, the artwork never comes back.
album art is not the problem it can be attach by any software even with window media player
some body help us all window phone user about background artist image

Gregoz Gawronski

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Dude, we are talking about Windows Phone not iTunes, the iTunes works great, that's why I keep my old iPhone because a big part of my smart phone use is to listen to the music. The windows phone xbox app sucks big time and Windows Phone will never be more popular if they don't do a good job here. The other part of Xbox app that sucks is that it many times plays a split of a second of music in between songs, the next one is that many times it scrambles the CD song sequence, not sure what's with that.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes