Why should I upgrade from Android to WP? (Note II or 8X)

MechanizedSunrise

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
What I find weird is that my phone lags, but everyone else who I talk to who have Android have "never seen lag." Just surprises me...

Maybe it's just because they haven't switched between their phone and a new phone (iPhone5, WP8, etc). My Atrix was fine to my eyes, but it felt laggy after I used my L900.

To be honest, you may miss certain features from Android. There are still shortcomings in terms of app support that may or may not be addressed. For example, while WP8 now allows SMS backups, Whatsapp on WP as of yet does not allow saving conversations whereas Android does. It's the simple things in life.

Personally, the WP UI is nice and the app market strong enough that I have no intention of going back to Android. I much prefer Metro over iOS or Android. Really, the only shortcoming that is a bit of a bother to me is that United Airlines still hasn't made an app.

The leap may be worth it. I certainly am not looking back. Got an L920 on the way to replace the L900.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The whole reason about how Android "rots" overtime is why I always ranted on Android one month ago. But using the Note II today it is just a fluid OS, and I don't think it will "rot" overtime when it has a quad-core processor and 2GBs of RAM, IMO.

That's what they told me about the S 3 as well, with its dual-core processor, huge RAM trove, and ICS. And that was wrong, too. :(

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
That's what they told me about the S 3 as well, with its dual-core processor, huge RAM trove, and ICS. And that was wrong, too. :(
Yeah true I am hearing about lag issues on the S3 more and more....

My verdict is that I'll try out WP still, and then make the final choice. I'm 90% sure I'm gonna stay.

Really really interested about the ATIV Odyssey's specs, I want "bigger" specs than the 8X, just like the ATIV S has.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah true I am hearing about lag issues on the S3 more and more....

My verdict is that I'll try out WP still, and then make the final choice. I'm 90% sure I'm gonna stay.

Really really interested about the ATIV Odyssey's specs, I want "bigger" specs than the 8X, just like the ATIV S has.
most likely a Ativ S variant actually. could be 4.65 inches or 4.8.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
most likely a Ativ S variant actually. could be 4.65 inches or 4.8.
Yeah but I read about how this guy met a Samsung worker at a theater, and the worker had a Samsung WP8 phone on Verizon, and he got to see it and said that it had around a 4-inch sized screen. So I'm leaning more towards it being 4 inches... :/

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
you answered your own question WITHIN your own question... it's an "upgrade" :)
Well in the end I just love the hardware of the Note II, that is why I want an advantage from software AND hardware, and that is why I want the ATIV Odyssey to have good specs. Lol

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Well in the end I just love the hardware of the Note II, that is why I want an advantage from software AND hardware, and that is why I want the ATIV Odyssey to have good specs. Lol
dude you have to remember that Samsung had put Micro SD storage on their Ativ S and multiple storage options, and large screen and good screen and 1.5ghz dual core etc. I think all this will be in the Ativ Odyssey. since Samsung will always do the big packaging on a phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)