General WP Questions

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll be brief. I was playing with the 920 today at a store and couldn't figure two things out...

1. Can you have multiple colored tiles? It seems like you're stuck with one color barring certain apps (AT&T is orange and Xbox is green)

2. Can you change the color of the Music/Video app? Not really a fan of green.

3. Far as Nokia Maps go...if I type in my home for a destination, is there a way for it to go into voice navigation mode? I couldn't seem to find that option unless I entered Nokia Drive. It just showed me a list of directions.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll be brief. I was playing with the 920 today at a store and couldn't figure two things out...

1. Can you have multiple colored tiles? It seems like you're stuck with one color barring certain apps (AT&T is orange and Xbox is green)

3. Far as Nokia Maps go...if I type in my home for a destination, is there a way for it to go into voice navigation mode? I couldn't seem to find that option unless I entered Nokia Drive. It just showed me a list of directions.

1. No, all tile colours are your theme colour or are determined by the app developer.

2. Nope, see answer above.

3. Just took a look on my 920 and doesn't seem like you can, unless I'm missing something

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

1) Yes and no. As noted above, they either all match your theme or are set by the app developer. Xbox is always green. That said, most apps have live tiles that use images and therefore the screen tends to be pretty lively.

2) Not in the way you think. Always green until you play a song, then the song's album art replaces the tile, this is actually an awesome effect.

3) Yes, it will do turn-by-turn from the Nokia Maps app. You need to touch the "..." in the lower right corner and select "directions". This is not the same thing as Nokia Drive + Beta, it's the native Bing Maps powered by Nokia. I'm pretty sure it does voice turn-by-turn, tough to test out from my desk, but it did voice turn-by-turn in WP7 on my Focus. That said, I can't find any setting to adjust the voice so it might have been removed in WP8 or in Nokia Maps (versus normal WP Maps) because of the inclusion of Drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb