No need for Zune with the Double 8's....

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I may be late to the game, but I just got my Lumia 920 this evening. I connect it to my desktop which is running Windows 8 Pro, and automatically a new app is installed and shows up on my Modern UI start menu...Windows Phone.

I can easily upload and delete photos, videos, and music to my Nokia without installing the Zune software package. I had no idea about this feature, and I am very, very, very pleased.

I've attached a pic of the Windows Phone app below.

Anyone else using Windows 8 Pro with Windows Phone 8?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Apparently there's no way to get a purchased movie in Xbox Video to transfer to the phone though. I mean, not that I'd really want to, but it doesn't make sense really.

Emcee

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to sync music here, or can you only manually add music?

I downloaded the desktop version of the app and it has a sync option, but it's pretty basic. I'm disappointed the Music app doesn't have a sync function.

rangerdogy

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
With the Windows 8 application, you can move songs, but you cannot sync them like you could with the Zune application. For example, I had the Zune application set to only sync the songs I like. With the new application, it cannot do that.

Instead, I found that using Windows Media Player does allow you to automatically sync when it's connected. Strange to go back in technology.

Also, wireless sync is no longer supported.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I may be late to the game, but I just got my Lumia 920 this evening. I connect it to my desktop which is running Windows 8 Pro, and automatically a new app is installed and shows up on my Modern UI start menu...Windows Phone.

I can easily upload and delete photos, videos, and music to my Nokia without installing the Zune software package. I had no idea about this feature, and I am very, very, very pleased.

I've attached a pic of the Windows Phone app below.

Anyone else using Windows 8 Pro with Windows Phone 8?

A bit late. That app was added like the day of or the day after Windows 8 was released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99