Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I may be late to the game, but I just got my Lumia 920 this evening. I connect it to my desktop which is running Windows 8 Pro, and automatically a new app is installed and shows up on my Modern UI start menu...Windows Phone.

I can easily upload and delete photos, videos, and music to my Nokia without installing the Zune software package. I had no idea about this feature, and I am very, very, very pleased.

I've attached a pic of the Windows Phone app below.

Anyone else using Windows 8 Pro with Windows Phone 8?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails windows-phone-app-screenshot.jpg  

Global Posts
    8,063 Global Posts
    Apparently there's no way to get a purchased movie in Xbox Video to transfer to the phone though. I mean, not that I'd really want to, but it doesn't make sense really.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Is there a way to sync music here, or can you only manually add music?

I downloaded the desktop version of the app and it has a sync option, but it's pretty basic. I'm disappointed the Music app doesn't have a sync function.

With the Windows 8 application, you can move songs, but you cannot sync them like you could with the Zune application. For example, I had the Zune application set to only sync the songs I like. With the new application, it cannot do that.

Instead, I found that using Windows Media Player does allow you to automatically sync when it's connected. Strange to go back in technology.

Also, wireless sync is no longer supported.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InnocuousScreenname View Post
    I may be late to the game, but I just got my Lumia 920 this evening. I connect it to my desktop which is running Windows 8 Pro, and automatically a new app is installed and shows up on my Modern UI start menu...Windows Phone.

I can easily upload and delete photos, videos, and music to my Nokia without installing the Zune software package. I had no idea about this feature, and I am very, very, very pleased.

I've attached a pic of the Windows Phone app below.

Anyone else using Windows 8 Pro with Windows Phone 8?
    A bit late. That app was added like the day of or the day after Windows 8 was released.