I may be late to the game, but I just got my Lumia 920 this evening. I connect it to my desktop which is running Windows 8 Pro, and automatically a new app is installed and shows up on my Modern UI start menu...Windows Phone.

I can easily upload and delete photos, videos, and music to my Nokia without installing the Zune software package. I had no idea about this feature, and I am very, very, very pleased.

I've attached a pic of the Windows Phone app below.

Anyone else using Windows 8 Pro with Windows Phone 8?
    11-10-2012 12:14 AM
    Apparently there's no way to get a purchased movie in Xbox Video to transfer to the phone though. I mean, not that I'd really want to, but it doesn't make sense really.
    11-10-2012 12:19 AM
    Is there a way to sync music here, or can you only manually add music?

I downloaded the desktop version of the app and it has a sync option, but it's pretty basic. I'm disappointed the Music app doesn't have a sync function.
    11-10-2012 01:13 AM
    With the Windows 8 application, you can move songs, but you cannot sync them like you could with the Zune application. For example, I had the Zune application set to only sync the songs I like. With the new application, it cannot do that.

Instead, I found that using Windows Media Player does allow you to automatically sync when it's connected. Strange to go back in technology.

Also, wireless sync is no longer supported.
    11-10-2012 01:28 PM
    I may be late to the game, but I just got my Lumia 920 this evening. I connect it to my desktop which is running Windows 8 Pro, and automatically a new app is installed and shows up on my Modern UI start menu...Windows Phone.

I can easily upload and delete photos, videos, and music to my Nokia without installing the Zune software package. I had no idea about this feature, and I am very, very, very pleased.

I've attached a pic of the Windows Phone app below.

Anyone else using Windows 8 Pro with Windows Phone 8?
    A bit late. That app was added like the day of or the day after Windows 8 was released.
    11-10-2012 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD