- 11-10-2012, 10:48 AM #1
Hey guys, been lurking for a while. Almost pulled the trigger on a Lumia 900 but went with the HTC One X instead. This time around I got a 920 and I am loving. There are a couple of gaps I missing though and was hoping you might be able to lend a hand. These are in order of importance too.
1) Private inbox for texts? Is there a way to lock the texting application or filter certain names to a password protected inbox? I am thinking to something similar to what GOSMS has on Android.
2) Any way to have constant reminders of missed texts/calls? I have a girlfriend who gets a little.....testy....if i don't respond in a appropriate amount of time. ;) Can't be missing too many notifications.
3) Way to track TV shows? I used TV Shows Fav on Android which you setup favorite shows and it tracks what you have watched and what not. I watch an unhealthy amount of TV shows.
4) Anything like Pulse of Google Currents?
5) Good Google Chat client?
6) Any links to good WP8 or Lumia 920 tricks?
Thanks for any help guys!
11-10-2012, 11:15 AM #2
- 21 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I'm still waiting on the 920 so cannot help with any WP8 features. But Q3 I can answer as long as the apps work on WP8 :-|
Look at TVShow or Prime TV. I'm using TVShow to keep track of new episodes and watches show on my phone.
- 11-10-2012, 01:35 PM #4
2) Make your text message Live Tile full-size, and it will flip through the unresponded-to texts and remind you to reply immediately.
4) Try Zite for Windows Phone. Also, I have heard good things about Weave.
5) Download Gchat from the WP Store for full Google chat.
- 11-10-2012, 11:02 PM #7
2 - Make the messaging app it's largest size
3 - Plenty of 3rd party apps for that.
4 - Zite or go to bing and flick left for local scout and news
5 - IM+.
6 - You should buy a developer account for $8. You can deploy XAP files (Sideloading).