Zune Desktop Will Not See WP8 Phone

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Lumia 920 and love it, but my Zune Desktop will not see it. The XBox Music App is beyond horrific in it's ability to organize music. I'd would rather use iTunes than that POS and that's saying a lot. I spent a lot of time organizing my music and playlists in the Zune Desktop. I love this phone, but quite honestly, if there's not a way around this I am thinking of returning this and getting an iPhone and moving to that eco-ststem. If you you knew how much I hate Apple, you'd see what a big deal this is for me.

Please Help! I want to keep this phone! I was going to get a Surface today, now I'm not so sure. :mad:

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
You hqave to use the windows phone sync application that's in the windows 8 store.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You hqave to use the windows phone sync application that's in the windows 8 store.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
I have used that. It doesn't allow me to organize or transfer my Zune playlists. Trying to create playlists is a Herculean task in XBox Music and it would take me many hours to reproduce the ones I had.

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Also, half my music doesn't exist in XBox Music store so if I do spend the countless hours creating playlists, it only appear that I can sync via cloud, so all those songs won't come over to my phone since there is no sync playlist in the Win Phone App.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered trying to convert the Zune playlist to another format? The Windows Phone 8 sync app supports playlists, but I guess not from Zune?

Additionally, if you prefer iTunes you can use that instead of Windows Libraries for using the Windows Phone 8 sync app. No idea why they didn't add Zune support as well. It is still an "App Preview" and missing a LOT of functionality, so hopefully it gets updates quickly.

robshobs

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I used the Windows Phone app to sync my music and got mixed results. The playlists sync'd but there are no songs in them. The Zune software still has the full playlist.

I'm also running into problems with the media rights. My account now shows my new Lumina 920 but I keep getting "We are unable to confirm the media usage rights for this content". Some songs will play but others won't.

Is there a way to force all the DRM with the Xbox/Zune Pass to sync?

Rob

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered trying to convert the Zune playlist to another format? The Windows Phone 8 sync app supports playlists, but I guess not from Zune?

Additionally, if you prefer iTunes you can use that instead of Windows Libraries for using the Windows Phone 8 sync app. No idea why they didn't add Zune support as well. It is still an "App Preview" and missing a LOT of functionality, so hopefully it gets updates quickly.

It(WP8 Phone App) won't even see the WMP playlists! Not sure what else I could conver t it to. I hope they add functionality too. I guess I'll have to be patient. :straight:

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
It seems like it might support m3u, you could try that? I dunno haha. The app sucks. The fact that it only lets you select at the album level (and not per song) just shows you how limiting this thing is.

At least the file system access leaves the door open for a 3rd party to create a sync client

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree to all this. I absolutely hate the way we have to sync to the Lumia 920 right now. Nothing works at all. Worst thing ever right now. What are they thinking. The Zune software was the best thing ever, and the Xbox music app is horrific and the Windows 8 sync is atrocious. Beyond pathetic. Horrendous. I can't do anything with it. You'd think they would have some sort of tutorial so us dedicated Zune users can know how the heck to use it. I never even got an email for my free Microsoft points! And I've been using Zune for 7 years!!!

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree to all this. I absolutely hate the way we have to sync to the Lumia 920 right now. Nothing works at all. Worst thing ever right now. What are they thinking. The Zune software was the best thing ever, and the Xbox music app is horrific and the Windows 8 sync is atrocious. Beyond pathetic. Horrendous. I can't do anything with it. You'd think they would have some sort of tutorial so us dedicated Zune users can know how the heck to use it. I never even got an email for my free Microsoft points! And I've been using Zune for 7 years!!!

Seriously? I'm so glad to be free of the shackles of the Zune software! Now I can use the plain old Windows Exploerer to load or remove anything off of the device!

No more having to load Zune up just to pull pictures off. I don't upload mine to my SkyDrive or Facebook. I like having my copies in their own folders sorted by the date I pull them off the phone.

Loading my music was a breeze. Putting pictures on the phone was so simple.

Drag & Drop. I wish they had it like this all along.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I have used that. It doesn't allow me to organize or transfer my Zune playlists. Trying to create playlists is a Herculean task in XBox Music and it would take me many hours to reproduce the ones I had.

I have to agree here. Even something as creating a playlist in XBOX Music on my PC will not work. In theory, the lists are to be synced between all our devices, right?

xsclade

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
For me, drag and drop is not a good way to sync my music (doesn't recognize multiple discs for albums, some albums artwork doesn't carry over). The app they have now is horrible. I had everything setup the way I wanted to in the Zune software, they should have made that another option for people to use.

no51

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Recently "upgraded" to a Lumia 920, was previously on a Gen1 Focus. I had wireless sync set up, which it would do every night when I plug in my phone before I go to sleep. All the music I may have downloaded at my desktop would sync automatically, and all the music I downloaded on my phone would do the same. Now I have to manually sync stuff. It's one thing when you give another option, but only to take the other away is dumb.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss