Questions about Email on WP8

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
1. Push email - I have 2 gmail accounts. One of them allows me to have the sync "as mail arrives" which I assume means push. Other account only allows me to do "every 15 minutes" as shortest interval. How do I make all my gmail inboxes push?

2. Search in email - it only searches the cached emails from past several days! How do I get it to search all of my gmail history, for example if I wanted to dig up an old email? I don't want to want to have to sync my entire email inbox (thousands of messages).

Thanks!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
#1: i believe it will only allow one Gmail to sync as items arrive.

#2: for some reason it will only load the last 30 days of email. This is for Windows Phone 7, make sure you say you want email from "anytime" in settings.

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
#1: i believe it will only allow one Gmail to sync as items arrive.

#2: for some reason it will only load the last 30 days of email. This is for Windows Phone 7, make sure you say you want email from "anytime" in settings.
Thank you - very helpful. Question though - if I tell it to sync messages from "anytime" will it have any adverse effects? For example, an inbox with thousands of messages slowing down the phone, etc?

Also, only setting one account to push isn't correct! Even if I set "account A" to "every 15 minutes," I can't set "account B" to sync "as mail arrives"!

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have my regular Gmail and my school email (powered by Gmail) both set to push. I don't know if the different domain would affect rdubmu's suggestion, but it wouldn't appear to be correct in that two Gmail accounts can't be set to push. That seems like a stupid constraint anyway.

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have my regular Gmail and my school email (powered by Gmail) both set to push. I don't know if the different domain would affect rdubmu's suggestion, but it wouldn't appear to be correct in that two Gmail accounts can't be set to push. That seems like a stupid constraint anyway.
So my regular gmail can be set to push, but my school email (through gmail) is restricted at "every 15 minutes"! Frustrating..will tinker and report.

Also, if someone can report on whether there are any adverse effects to having the ENTIRE inbox downloaded, please let me know.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I actually have the same as what you said: I have a school email powered by google apps, and Gmail. Both are set to as items arrive.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Solved it! If you set the gmail account to sync "email only," then you can't turn push on. If you sync "email+contacts+calendar" then the option to sync "as email arrives" appears!

Now about be able to search emails from the past instead of just the most recent ones....does anyone else have experience syncing entire mailboxes?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12