Question - How well does WP8 work with Ford Sync

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Ford Fusion with Sync. I also have a WP7 and everything works great. I am trying to find out if anybody out there that has there new WP8 has them working with there Ford Sync. If so does text messaging work? Does the phone book and calling work?

zaslek

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a focus with a myford touch system - My Lumia 900 worked with everything - text, calls, phonebook photos. My Lumia 920 works with everything also. Best combo i've had :)

Fickelbra

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been having an issue with my Lumia 920 and my Ford Sync. I have a 2010 Escape, and I cannot turn off text notifications for the phone, so my music constantly gets interrupted. I had to turn this off with the Lumia 900 and had no issues, but now when I try to access Message Notifications within my console, it tells me my phone doesn't support them and won't let me turn them off... Might have to try completely re-syncing my phone to the car. Very frustrating to deal with. But honestly, the only issue I have with my 920 so far.

Sequel2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I am having an issue with my Gen1 Sync system and my 920 in my Taurus. The Sync's text messaging states my phone does not support the feature. My 900 did. The phone's text messaging over bluetooth does work perfectly, but I do not have the ability to use the Sync's touchscreen text message responses.

RedDawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I cant even get my 920 to see sync. I had done a master reset twice, I had installed the latest software. No idea what to do.

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
No one answered this: "does Ford SYNC reads the music titles and library in general from your 920? this is impossible with the Lumia 900 running WP 7.5" going to try it today and come back with the answer....

Woodtang2000

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I previously had an Iphone and recently got the Lumia 920. I have a new Ford Raptor 2012 and the text feature doesn't seem to work and playing media via bluetooth only works when operating it from the phone. All of the song titles that it pulled out of Itunes are in file name format as well. I want this to work and was one of the key reasons why I thought the windows phone would work better with Sync. I am just looking for some help in turning on text and email functions, setting up the bluetooth music library, and reorganizing the song titles to be more user friendly.

Please Help. Thanks.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Something that I still want to know because I have had mixed responses.

When streaming music, are you guys able to see the artists and track title via bluetooth? I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta with Ford Sync (not touch) updated to current firware. With iOS, if you plug the phone in via USB, it is able to give you track info. Over bluetooth I have not successfully seen a device that this works with.

LinT

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Ive got a 2010 Mustang and an 8x (i used to use an HD7). Sync will read text's just fine. PLaying music (kind of ) works. It plays songs from BT on my phone (it only displays BT Media on the screen) and i can change songs via the steering wheel controls. HOWEVER, i am experiencing an odd problem. Id like for someone else with a 2010 model sync to try to recreate this. 1) start the car 2) reboot the phone to insure that no music is "active" 3) wait for BT and SYNC to sync up. 4) try to open the music player!! For me, when i follow these steps, the entire phone freezes for about 2-3 min. The screen comes on but I cant do anything. This happens EVERY time. If i already have the music "open" on my phone when it syncs, it works fine. Also, after it unfreezes it works fine. Can someone please try to recreate this. thanks

radioage54

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Have 08 Focus with SYNC and new Nokia 822. Can't find contacts? Doesn't download phonebook? I deleted old Android phone but that did not help. It worked when I first got it but now it doesn't? Maybe something to do with "Filtered Contacts"??? Any help appreciated. TKS.

jroginsky

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My 920 and 2012 F150 dont work well at all. Sometimes the phone answers in Private mode and other times it works properly. I cant text out because SYNC says the device does not support texting, yet it will read an incomming text and let me respond to it. SYNCsays it a Nokia issue and Nodia says its a SYNC issue. I have no trouble with SYNC and an iPhone 5. You would think that since they are both running Microsoft Engines that they might work.
I have a 920 / 2012 Ford F150 and sync works fine for me so far.

lumianut

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a focus with a myford touch system - My Lumia 900 worked with everything - text, calls, phonebook photos. My Lumia 920 works with everything also. Best combo i've had :)

does a call you initiate ever say in privacy and the other party can't hear you?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If so does text messaging work? Does the phone book and calling work?

I just got (barely had it a full month) a 2013 Ford Fiesta, and the SYNC works great with my Lumia 820. To answer your specific questions, text messaging over Bluetooth is phone dependent; my 820 doesn't support it, so no. However, it I initiate a voice command with the phone paired (by long-pressing the middle, Windows button at the bottom) the voice commands occur through the SYNC Bluetooth audio. So the music will stop and I'll hear "Please say your command." And then I can say, "Text Girlfriend Mobile", and it will say, "Texting Girlfriend Mobile. Please say your message," and so on and so forth.

The phone book and calling works great. I downloaded my address book to my car and with the press of a button I can say "Call Girlfriend Mobile" and viola.

lordofthereef said:
When streaming music, are you guys able to see the artists and track title via Bluetooth?

Yes. And by hitting the SYNC button on the steering wheel, I can give it commands like, "Play Artist Dream Theatre" or "Play Song Thrift Shop" and it goes directly to those songs. All in all, it's pretty sweet.

(Although I should say that I stopped listening to music over Bluetooth from my phone; my car has a USB port, so I loaded all my music onto a USB thumbdrive and I just keep that plugged in. The voice commands over SYNC work just as well with a USB thumbdrive - if your ID3 tags are correct - as they do with Bluetooth audio.)

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
No one answered this: "does Ford SYNC reads the music titles and library in general from your 920? this is impossible with the Lumia 900 running WP 7.5" going to try it today and come back with the answer....

I realize this is super old, but so far I haven't had very good luck with this on my 920. Indexer over bluetooth is really slow, and while you CAN connect the 920 over USB and have it read/play the music like you can with a Zune or iOS device, that's even slower.

I haven't tried any of the bluetooth stuff with sync after the 920 update from yesterday, hopefully things are better.

EricSchrader

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2011 Ford Raptor and use to have an HTC Inspire 4g, it worked fine, but sync did not read me the texts. All my contacts synced though and blue tooth audio worked great.

Now I got a HTC 8x and it synced my contacts A to like G or something, and would read me text messages. I reformatted my phone because it stopped showing me who was calling (on the phone itself). I resynced my phone now I dont have ANY contacts and it says This feature is not supported when I try to open the phonebook, but my caller ID on the phone itself works when a contact calls. I just need to get my cars phonebook to sync and I'll be happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo