New to WP today might be leaving already

Mike Johnson1

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
OK, so within the last 6 months I have gone from an Iphone 4s, to a Samsung Galaxy S3, to the NOkia lumina 920(as of today). So far I really like the 920. I like the sturdiness of it. I like that it is not as laggy as the S3 was. I like the tiles on the home screen. My only complaint, and it is a big one, is there is no Tunein radio or sirius xm app. I don't need both but I NEED ONE. I have a windows 8 computer and that has a tunein app. I even tried streaming from the tune in website on the phone and that didn't work. Does anyone have any idea on how long before we get one of these 2 apps? I really want to keep this phone but the lack of one of these two apps is a deal breaker. I stream wfan radio show off of the tunein or howard stern off of sirius xm app. Thanks for any help in advance.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
dude there is a tunein app in the app store. it's just getting updated not sure about that other app. since I don't use it.

it does take time to get updated you know

Last edited:

umtwademel

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So i know the tunein app is on windows phone 7 so it's only a matter of time before it's going to make its way to windows phone 8. if you can hold out for a while, you'll be able to keep the beautiful lumia 920 and have your app :)

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
There was a tunein app on wp7, but apparently it isn't available on the wp8 store yet. Probably just a matter of time though!
Edit: double ninja'd

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
There was a tunein app on wp7, but apparently it isn't available on the wp8 store yet. Probably just a matter of time though!
Edit: double ninja'd
I think you mean there IS a tunein app not was. it's very likely there's a big update coming soon

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Mike, tune in radio for WP7 is awesome and beautiful!

I have lost 3 other apps from the store and this seems to be a trend currently when apps come back in 5-6 days with a massive WP8 update.

If you love the phone, wait out for a week or so.

I would say, why not try 1 month free trial of Xbox Music Pass instead? That's how I got hooked to Xbox Music and have had more than 1 year of music pass instead of tune in radio.

I used to be a massive fan of tune in as I came from Android. So I see where you are coming from.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
@MikeJohnson1:

Welcome to Windows Phone! Sorry for Vagrant's rude comment, there. Microsoft is working hard in making sure it has the most sought after apps, but they released the Software Development Kit to the public very recently and developers are now scrambling to get their apps created or updated to WP8. I hope you decide to stay with your 920 and I also hope you decide to stay and participate here on WPCentral.

Again, welcome!!

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Did you even read his post? He is new to WP, and you are essentially telling him that it would be no lose to WP pr WPCentral if he returns his device and/or returns to the other platforms.

Your comment was uncalled for.
I agree. The post above yours (#16) was a rude post as well. One good thing is that the "Report Post" button works great ;).

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Now that's better all cleaned up. Keep it civil in here or I start handing out infractions. Welcome to the WPC OP we are a helpful civil community despite some who get a tad overzealous. If you hang out for a while you will find that out.

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Dave is right. Welcome to the community! Sorry one bad apple snuck in but TuneIn Radio is alive and well and you'll love it once the WP8 update goes live. I've been using it forever on WP7 and its great.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
God, there are a few options. I love iHeart, you can stream many radio stations, or you can do one of their mix channels. Nokia music ap is also pretty good, u can download the entire playlist when you are in WiFi so you don't get hit on your data plan. No need to leave your Nokia because of this.

Mike Johnson1

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all and I was mostly kidding about that other post. It will take a lot more than that to offend me. Anyway I contacted Sirius XM and there response was ridiculous; they didn't even answer my question and just said siriusxm is supported by most smartphones. My question was will sirius xm be coming to the windows 8 phone platform soon? As far as the other options go I use tune in for the wfan station(which is NY sports radio) and cant find it anyone else. It does give me hope that they have the tune in app for my windows 8 computer so I am going to hang out for a little bit. Thanks again all!

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all and I was mostly kidding about that other post. It will take a lot more than that to offend me. Anyway I contacted Sirius XM and there response was ridiculous; they didn't even answer my question and just said siriusxm is supported by most smartphones. My question was will sirius xm be coming to the windows 8 phone platform soon? As far as the other options go I use tune in for the wfan station(which is NY sports radio) and cant find it anyone else. It does give me hope that they have the tune in app for my windows 8 computer so I am going to hang out for a little bit. Thanks again all!

Are you my professor? My business economics professor is called Michael Johnson, but calls himself Mike though.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
@MikeJohnson1:

Welcome to Windows Phone! Sorry for Vagrant's rude comment, there. Microsoft is working hard in making sure it has the most sought after apps, but they released the Software Development Kit to the public very recently and developers are now scrambling to get their apps created or updated to WP8. I hope you decide to stay with your 920 and I also hope you decide to stay and participate here on WPCentral.

Again, welcome!!

Were people seriously carebearing over my post? I was just being facetious because it was his first post on the forum.

I wasn't bashing him at all lol.

BenOK350

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My experience contacting SiriusXM was the same - lame, they didn't even know what I was talking about, and didn't seem to care at all.

For what it is worth, I've created a suggestion on the official Windows Phone website...head over and vote for it. If it gets enough votes, maybe Microsoft will be able to help make this happen (since SiriusXM is apparently not listening):
Sirius XM Satellite radio App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs