11-10-2012 11:24 PM
- Custom albums that were manually added to the phone through the Window Phone App?
I don't think WP8 allows you to create custom albums/picture folders on the device. Skydrive uploads everything or nothing if you have it set to sync. You can manually tell it to sync photos (with multi-select) on-demand if it's turned off, but I think they all just go to the default Skydrive folder. Not sure if you can then edit the folder or move photos using the Skydrive app on WP8.
All in all, it's not very flexible.
Personally, I've always wanted the ability to take multiple pictures and upload them to a Facebook album all at once instead of uploading them individually to separate FB posts.11-10-2012 09:48 PM
- You synced that album to your WP8 from your computer? Or you created it from your phone somehow?
So something that's been working well for me:
1. Run the SkyDrive software (https://apps.live.com/skydrive).
2. This will create a c:\users\you\Skydrive folder, complete with a Skydrive\Pictures folder.
3. Move albums you want to sync on Skydrive+PC+WP8 into the Skydrive\Pictures folder.
4. Add the Skydrive\Pictures folder to your pictures library (optional, helps all your pictures "feel" like their one place if you use Windows Library, even though some aren't technically under your My Pictures folder anymore).
From now on, albums that are in that folder will show up automatically on your phone. They'll be denoted as "from Skydrive." You can still sync them manually the old fashioned way, too, if you don't want to have to pull them from the internet when you're just browsing on the phone.
Great solution for me, but maybe it's not quite what you're looking for. Thought I'd offer it anyway! Good luck to ya.11-10-2012 09:49 PM
- These are pictures that I transferred over from my 4S yesterday. What I did was when the Nokia 920 was connected to the computer is I created a sub-folder in pictures and called it 'walt disney' and then transferred all of those pictures back to the phone. Can it automatically sync with skydrive or is there some other way of doing it that is better?11-10-2012 09:55 PM
- Ahhh I see. Someone else may need to offer a suggestion then. My work flow has been to store photos on my computer first, and then sync with SkyDrive and WP from there, which works very well for me. So, every now and then I dump the photos I took on the phone to the computer, sort through and make new sub albums directly in the SkyDrive pictures folder.11-10-2012 11:04 PM
- These are pictures that I transferred over from my 4S yesterday. What I did was when the Nokia 920 was connected to the computer is I created a sub-folder in pictures and called it 'walt disney' and then transferred all of those pictures back to the phone. Can it automatically sync with skydrive or is there some other way of doing it that is better?
MS is trying to steer everything to the cloud, letting it be the glue that connects all your devices. I'm not entirely convinced this is going to be a great plan.11-10-2012 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD