Google mail constantly syncing

mrgstiffler

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have a problem with this? I set my account to sync every 15 minutes. The problem I've found is that each sync lasts 10+ minutes so it's constantly syncing. I'm thinking I should delete the account and reset it up as an Exchange account.

JimboJones2268

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have a problem with this? I set my account to sync every 15 minutes. The problem I've found is that each sync lasts 10+ minutes so it's constantly syncing. I'm thinking I should delete the account and reset it up as an Exchange account.
I have had the odd issue with GMail myself. But doesn't it get setup as an exchange account anyway just without having to enter the server name manually?

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
But doesn't windows Phone 8 automatically use Exchange for gmail? I got m.google.com added by Windows, not by me.

I can't choose anything like exchange when I add a new mail account. Just Google Mail. That's it? :)

mrgstiffler

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
But doesn't windows Phone 8 automatically use Exchange for gmail? I got m.google.com added by Windows, not by me.

I can't choose anything like exchange when I add a new mail account. Just Google Mail. That's it? :)

Mine got setup as IMAP using imap.gmail.com. It might be because I'm using a Google Apps account.

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Go into the settings of the mail app. Then click sync settings. Now check Email and Calendar to be synced. Now in the drop down box you will have As Items Arrive. This option won't drain your battery. Learned that lesson when I got my WP7 last year. Lol.

Now if you don't want Gmail calendar stuff on your calendar, open the calendar and go into the settings and uncheck your Gmail account.

I don't sync my Gmail contacts so don't know if that trick will work with syncing Gmail contacts too. I love WP8, but in some areas they took a step back in functionality.

cirian75

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Gmail just does seem to not like WP8

I have mine setup as exchange and on as they arrive

usually bings 5 to 10 minutes after the email have arrived, sometime after 30 minutes I just go and refresh manually

suggestions?

Signal is not the issue.

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I just set mine up with the default Google Mail account that is preset in the list of accounts to choose from. Works just like it did in WP7 after checking calendar.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Gmail has never worked well with non-Google devices.

My recommendation is to set up an account on Outlook.com, and use Outlook.com to fetch your Gmail for you and send it to your live.com/hotmail.com/outlook.com e-mail. The sync is instantaneous and you don't have to deal with Google's pseudo-Exchange and all the bugs it entails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)