how did people react to your Wp8 device?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
hey guys. since Wp8 is out I am wondering how are ur friends, relatives etc. reacted to your new wp8 device

I got a 8S and people around me at school. are always looking at it mine is blue and they love the colours...

So how are your friends, relatives etc. reacted to your new wp8 device

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had very positive feedback from everyone so far. People seem generally impressed with the look of the HTC 8X and the speed at which Windows Phone 8 seems to run. Even when I've explained that apps are thin on the ground they still seem interested.

One workmate is already planning to get one on contract now. The other thing is that people are impressed with the price. Iphone 5 is ?500 but you could get this for ?380. Thats a quite a lot of money and certainly makes people stop and think.

The thing that I've found is holding people back is actually long term value. If you buy an iPhone 5 today then you can be sure that in a year it will be worth several hundred pounds. I have no idea if my HTC 8X will be worth anything in a year. It might be out of date and undesirable by then.

davide445

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
hey guys. since Wp8 is out I am wondering how are ur friends, relatives etc. reacted to your new wp8 device

I got a 8S and people around me at school. are always looking at it mine is blue and they love the colours...

So how are your friends, relatives etc. reacted to your new wp8 device

8S it's already available in NZ? How it's your experience using it?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Danny, whenever you get a minute, could you see if WP8 ready social networking apps work fine with your phone or not? I saw threads for David who wanted 8S but was concerned that 512 will be challenging RAM. I want a 8S if I can't get Yellow 920, so it will help me make the choice ;)

Also things like Tango and a couple of games etc? - things that you think might need huge processing power. Do you see any difference?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Danny, whenever you get a minute, could you see if WP8 ready social networking apps work fine with your phone or not? I saw threads for David who wanted 8S but was concerned that 512 will be challenging RAM. I want a 8S if I can't get Yellow 920, so it will help me make the choice ;)

Also things like Tango and a couple of games etc? - things that you think might need huge processing power. Do you see any difference?
Hey man. I don't have any apps yet. since I'm studying. But I think they'll work. they worked in wp7.5 phones. that had 512MB of ram. they'll surely work on the 8S. developers MUST follow the Wp8 requirements. It has to run on every Wp8 device

Last edited:

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really been showing it off to people. Most of my friends aren't that interested in smartphones, they just buy an iPhone or whatever Android POS captures their attention and use it for 2 years then buy another. They don't surf forums about phones or think about them much at all.

I have one friend who bought a Lumia 710 on my recommendation and she was excited about it. That's about it.

It's OK though, I bought it for me. I'm not much of an evangelist these days. If people are curious and they ask about my phone I will be happy to tell them about it though.

Jaybotics

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a lot of friends that are very impressed with the 920. Even some of my Apple friends had something nice to say about the phone. I've already converted one person over to WP from iOS, and she loves it.

I hope this platform really catches on this time around, because I LOVE my 920!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been busy trying to get my phone unlocked, when I took it into town yesterday one of the people was getting a closer look at the phone and he was amazed how good it felt in the hand, he commented how nice it was and asked where he could get one. Not bad from someone whose business is all about phones. Oh and no, he couldn't unlock it.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
My cousin in law spotted my phone and said, that's s nice looking phone. I told her it was the 8x. I let her play with it and she said the screen was nice and the phone felt nice in her hand. Of course it did. Its the 8x. Lol.

Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I sat my black lumia 920 down next to my roommate. He didn't do anything because he thought it was my black lumia 900. Then I told him I upgraded and that's the 920, he then picked it up and started harassing me about the weight. He has an iPhone 5.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I sat my black lumia 920 down next to my roommate. He didn't do anything because he thought it was my black lumia 900. Then I told him I upgraded and that's the 920, he then picked it up and started harassing me about the weight. He has an iPhone 5.
When you sat it down did it not reduce the desk to matchsticks? That's what The Verge and Gizmodo have led me to believe.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
When you sat it down did it not reduce the desk to matchsticks? That's what The Verge and Gizmodo have led me to believe.

I thought The Verge review handled the weight issue just fine. Gizmodo on the other hand is just a digital only tabloid that shouldn't be taken seriously.

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Two of my apple friends like my Lumia 920,

1st friend said "Its really nice, I would buy one if i could afford, I especially like it because of office and the tiles"

2nd friend said "I think my next phone will be a windows phone your phone looks really sexy, does it have instagram yet?" (I laughed in my head about the instagram bit)
also with my second friend she made a joke about my phone saying "oh yeah let me see your brick phone" i just laughed and was like its actually not that heavy she then compared it to her iphone4s and agreed she said "oh yeah no big difference in weight"

My cousin who currently uses an android phone
"ohhhh new phone let me see"....10mins later he says "Can i borrow your phone please I want to play on it more!" also weeks before i got my wp8 he said "My next phone will definitely be a windows phone"

Im slowly convincing my family and friends to joing wp =D and it helps to have attractive phone designs from nokia and htc.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I was sending an e-mail in a cafe over lunch when a woman came up and asked "what kind of phone is that?"

I told her it was a Nokia 920 with Windows Phone, and she said "oh cool! Do you like it? I was thinking about getting a Windows Phone."

I've never heard anyone say that before...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb