It's on!! The 920 ad campaign started last night during Saturday Night Live!!

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I recorded SNL last night and was watching it this morning. The very first commercial was an advertisement for the Lumia 920 by actor Will Arnett (Arrested Development, Up All Night, 30 Rock). During the commercial, he shows a white Lumia 920 talks about Live Tiles and about how his assistant, Todd, is quitting. Later Will says he's hiring a new assistant and the narrator tells you to go to this site for more info:

http://www.workforwill.com/

The website lets you customize your Start screen and generates a video with Will Arnett discussing your choice of Live Tiles. It's pretty cool, they actually zoom in on the phone color and Start Screen you selected. Fun and interactive.

Finally, there is a contest where the winner gets to meet Will Arnett in person.

Good job, AT&T and Nokia! It's on!!!

Last edited:

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
These commercials are dumb. Why can't they just show the phone being used instead of gimmicky **** like this? Why can't they have Jessica Alba using the phone to schedule stuff with her kids? I mean anything that shows the phone actually being used.

Hopefully MS will do this for the 8X. I like the, "I'm so and so and this is my Windows Phone" approach that shows the personal aspect of the phone. Every iPhone looks the same, but Windows Phone is a reflection of each individual.

I didn't even major in marketing and I can do a better job. Look at the iPhone commercials. They show off the phone, not some celebrity.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
These commercials are dumb. Why can't they just show the phone being used instead of gimmicky **** like this? Why can't they have Jessica Alba using the phone to schedule stuff with her kids? I mean anything that shows the phone actually being used.

Hopefully MS will do this for the 8X. I like the, "I'm so and so and this is my Windows Phone" approach that shows the personal aspect of the phone. Every iPhone looks the same, but Windows Phone is a reflection of each individual.

I didn't even major in marketing and I can do a better job. Look at the iPhone commercials. They show off the phone, not some celebrity.
We don't know the extent of the ad campaign, bro. Maybe there WILL be a series featuring Jessica Alba. Who knows?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Tiles aren't done properly e.g. Paypal can only be a small tile. When you do large or medium, you don't see anything but a tile!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster