Pixelated Contact Profile Photos

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

The 'automatic' profile photos synced with facebook are fine, but if I manually set a profile photo for a contact using a jpg photo, it asks to crop, and comes out beautifully. After a few hours however, I'll look at the contact again and the photo will be all pixelated, and if that person calls me, the photo that comes up is terribly pixelated!

Anyone else experiencing this, and any fix?

TotalLamer

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

The 'automatic' profile photos synced with facebook are fine, but if I manually set a profile photo for a contact using a jpg photo, it asks to crop, and comes out beautifully. After a few hours however, I'll look at the contact again and the photo will be all pixelated, and if that person calls me, the photo that comes up is terribly pixelated!

Anyone else experiencing this, and any fix?

Oddly enough, I had this same issue on the Galaxy S3 I had before my 920.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
What are you synching your contacts to? Google is known to compress these images (which syncs them back down to the phone)

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
What are you synching your contacts to? Google is known to compress these images (which syncs them back down to the phone)

sir you are excellent. That's exactly the problem. Since we can't create local contacts (can we??), I made a hotmail one and linked it..hope the high quality sticks.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Google is the root of most usability issues. Be it that awful Android OS, or various compromises it makes with user data, the less Google on your device, the fewer problems you'll have.

The bonus is not having all of your personal information and correspondence scraped and resold to advertisers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss