Podcasts and Windows Phone 8

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I have an insanely picky brother who needs his phone to be "just right".

I'm trying to convince him that he'll be happier with a WP8 device over an iPhone5, however, I don't use the Podcast function on my phone at all, really - compared to my brother who uses it every day and needs it to work.

That being said, how does Windows Phone 8 handle podcasts? Can podcasts be updated automatically in the background over wifi? Can Windows Phone 8 support .m4a files with Podcast chapters?

Bonus question: is there anything that will allow my brother to mirror his phone on the television?

Thanks in advance!

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
It definitely downloads and syncs podcasts, but the selection is a little bit smaller than the iTunes selection. Sometimes you have to manually add more obscure titles.

thirdsun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
You should know that the podcast functionality depends on whether you live in the US or not. Outside the US you won't have the option to manage or subscribe to podcasts on the device.

I'm from germany and I need an app to handle podcasts. The options in the store are very poor and in no way comparable to Instacast on iOS. The current situation is very frustating.

JimboJones2268

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
You should know that the podcast functionality depends on whether you live in the US or not. Outside the US you won't have the option to manage or subscribe to podcasts on the device.

I'm from germany and I need an app to handle podcasts. The options in the store are very poor and in no way comparable to Instacast on iOS. The current situation is very frustating.

wpodder just about works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb