Goodbye Blackberry. Hello WP8

Baryex86

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
After two and a half years, I switched from my BB Torch 9800 (I know, it's pretty old) to a Nokia Lumia 920. So far I am very pleased with most of its features. Some can improve. Camera technology is impresive, I took a couple of pictures in a low light bar and all of my friends were wowing the quality of the images (most of these had iPhones and Androids). So I'm very happy with that. The Nokia apps are excellent and very well built in. Nokia transport has impresed me with displaying all of the bus routes where I live. Phone is snappy, apps are snappy, call quality is great and the screen is supperb. A couple of things I dislike the delay of the notification systen with some social apps (Facebook/Twitter), emails are slow to receive (they are far more faster in BB) and the calendar system is pretty bad. BB had far better options for making arrangements and setting up task on calendar than this phone. But I am hoping for other apps/update on this issue.

Overall I am very pleased with my phone and I look forward to keep using it for at least 3 years.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to wpcentral. :)

I'm glad you like your Lumia 920.

I am also an ex-BlackBerry user.

You mentioned your emails were slow to arrive. What kinds of emails accounts are they? POP3? IMAP? Exchange?

I set up my Gmail and Hotmail accounts as Exchange ActiveSync, and they arrive faster on my WP7.5 device faster than they did on my old BB 9700. It doesn't make any difference for my @roadrunner.com POP3 account, since BIS only polled every 15 minutes, and I have that account set to fetch emails every 15 minutes.

I definitely am happy that there is no such thing as "email truncated due to size" on Windows Phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6