07-23-2015 12:46 AM
- I am trying to sync my new Lumia 920 with my Windows 8 PC. I plugged it in with the USB cable it came with. When I open the Windows Phone app, I get this message: "Connect Your Phone. Plug in your phone to see what's on it." I checked in device manager and the phone did not show up. I have tried a new USB cable and plugging it in to all my USB ports, with no luck. It works fine on another laptop. Could this be because I'm running Windows 8 Enterprise Preview? That is the only difference in software between the two computers. I'm planning on migrating to the retail version of Windows 8 soon, but is this really the issue? The app seems to be getting some low ratings from users who can't get their Lumia 920's to work.11-11-2012 03:37 PM
- I'm having issues with the app. It's saying that my phone isn't playing nicely. I've restarted my Lumia 920, even tried a hard reset and nothing. I read that it could be a firewall problem but I turned those off and tried it and still the same message. Any other suggestions??
Thanks11-16-2012 12:36 PM
- if you're on windows 7 you need to have .net 4.5 installed for the sync app to work. previews of windows 8 dont work well with the sync app. i did notice on windows 7 before i went to windows 8 that my lumia 920 would work under the mass storage drivers with just having .net 4.0 installed.11-16-2012 12:43 PM
- Whoa!! It Worked!.................... but only once, crap
Device: Lumia 920 (have restarted the phone numerous times and also did a hard reset, still nothing)
OS: Windows 8 Pro (have uninstalled the app and removed the phone from the device manager. Also turned off firewalls to see if that would help but again, didn't work)
Alright, so I tried to connect again, not changing anything that and it worked for the first time. I named my phone, deleted some pictures from my phone and that was it. I disconnected my phone, then went to test it again and the nasty message came up, " Your phone is having troubles". I don't get it!! Any other suggestions out there??
Thanks11-16-2012 09:18 PM
- I am having the same issue. I downloaded and installed the Windows Phone app from the app store onto my W8 laptop. I then plug in my 920 and nothing. It worked the first time I plugged it in right after I brought the phone home. Now it does not seem to recognize the phone. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app and still nothing. There must be a magic trigger that I don't have set somewhere. Any assistance would be appreciated as the Microsoft help screens are way to basic to be of assistance.
Went into devices on the W8 setup screen and deleted the first instillation of the 920. Turned the phone off and plugged it into my laptop. Opened the Window Phones app and the phone installed and all worked fine. Powering the phone off then on seemed to be the fix.
Last edited by fkiehner; 11-17-2012 at 11:23 PM.11-17-2012 05:06 AM
- This happened with my 8X, but I figured it out. The first time you plug your phone in to your Windows 8 machine, open up the Desktop. You'll see Windows is going through its crazy "downloading and installing drivers" bit. You need to let this run through completely; if you plug and unplug the phone it starts all over and it may or may not work in the Windows Phone app. If ever you plug your phone into a different USB port, you'll need to do it again.
So, in short, plug the phone in, open the Desktop, wait until Windows is done installing drivers, THEN open the Windows Phone app. :)11-17-2012 11:46 AMLike 2
- I am having the same problem. I have tried to connect my 920 on my Windows 8 Pro PC and my Surface tablet. I get "Your phone is having troubles..." error message on both. I backed up and reset my phone and it worked but then when I reinstalled the backup it stopped working again.11-19-2012 02:03 AM
- I was having the same issue with my Lumia 820. The solution that worked for me was this:
- Disconnected the Windows Phone 8 from the Windows 8 PC
- On the PC, went to Devices and Printers
- Right-clicked on the Windows Phone icon and chose to "Remove device"
- Re-connected the phone to the PC
When it reconnected I had to select what default action to take whenever the phone is connected. I chose to open File Explorer (rather than one of the other scripts, such as import music and videos).02-17-2013 10:05 AM
- I had the same trouble. My computers used to "see" the windows 8 phone when I plugged it in, but then stopped recognizing it. To make a long story short, I tried a procedure from page 103 of the Nokia Lumina 920 manual. I held the volume down button and the power button in at the same time for about 10 seconds. This re-started the phone. After that it showed up on both my XP and Vista computers just fine. Looking back, the problem started when the phone ran all the way down. After charging, it wouldn't show up on the computer. I guess it just needed to turn all the way off to re-set.05-16-2013 07:46 AM
- fkiehner that did the trick for me thanks. I made the mistake of plugging in the phone before the Windows Phone app was installed. Had to go to Devices and Printers to remove the device, The File Explorer --> This PC does not provide the option.
Last edited by Mr Doble P; 07-07-2014 at 09:00 AM. Reason: noting the name of the person who's resolution worked for me.07-07-2014 08:59 AM
- I have a Lumia 535 - dual sim and 2 days ago, I made the WP10 update.
After that my laptop not recognize my Lumia 535, in fact do not do nothing when I connect the phone via USB cable.
I uninstall all nokia drivers in my laptop, I try to connect the phone in more laptops .... and nothing.
What can I do in order to solve the problem ?
Emilian07-23-2015 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD